1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

John Deere tractor PTO question

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by cj7plowing, Feb 16, 2011.

1. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

I have a 4310 John Deere tractor with 27 hp out the PTO. I found a frontier snow blower that minimum pto hp is 34. Can I use this blower and take it easy meaning not push it really hard into piles?

How strict are they on the hp rating? Just wondering if its like the plow to truck rating. such as putting a 900 plow on a truck rated for 800 pounds.

2. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

anyone ? or anyone know a tractor site that I could go ask on?

3. Marek

Marek Senior Member

4. pmorrissette

pmorrissette Senior Member

it will work. the width of the blower is the important equation here I think. if the blower is 8' wide, it will not work well on that small tractor. typically (up here anyway) for a small tractor like that the blower will be about 5' wide. the size of the augers is also important, bigger augers mean more snow packed into the impeller meaning more hp needed to throw it out effectively.

this might be helpful: http://www.deere.com/en_US/ag/media/pdf/frontier/snow_removal/DSFE41080_Snowblwr_3pt.pdf

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  5. Jacobsmovinsnow

Jacobsmovinsnow Senior Member

Should be no problem as long a use feed the snow into the blower according to accumulation and if its wet. We just take a narrower width. And if its hydrostatic, we take the full width and give it less pedal,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Send it Airmail , thats what I say

6. dellwas

dellwas Senior Member