1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

John Deere Tractor, Gehl Skid loader and a few other pieces of our equipment.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by dodge2500, Feb 10, 2011.

1. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

2. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

Just a few pieces of our fleet hard at work!

3. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Awesome looking fleet.

4. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

Thanks we are pretty proud of it!

5. 3ipka

3ipka Senior Member

Nice equipment..... Just curious why your running such a wide setup on the rear wheels of the JD, im guessing for some sort of summer application you use it for?

6. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

That tractor looks pretty funny plowing with the row crop tires. Awesome equipment though.

7. Omran

Omran Senior Member
    from KY

I love that fleet. very good looking equipment.

8. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

The tractor is set up on 60 inch centers with the duals set at 120 inch centers. We use it for row crops as well as in our processing tomato operation.

9. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

Thanks! The tires are actually 14.9 wide because we use it for tomato spraying and we need narrow tires to damage less tomatoes. It works great for plowing though even with the narrow row crop tires!

10. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

Thanks for the compliments! We actually have another JD tractor we use and 5 other trucks with Blizzards or Wideouts.

11. Dlongerman

Dlongerman Senior Member
    from IL

that Gehl "T bar" control? if so I love them they are so easy to use!

12. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Narrow tires work better for plowing. A few of our Deere's have 14.9/46's and they work great. How big is the pusher on the Deere?

13. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

The pusher is a 14' scoop dogg backhoe model. The tractor seems to do great with that size. It is an IVT so it makes plowing with it a breeze.

14. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

The Gehl is foot controlled. I didn't like the foot controls at first but have caught on.

15. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

Not burst the buddle here but row crop tractor - ok - then I think a landscaper/construction/mowing crew - then I see you use it in your crop production which must you or dad or father-in-law own land - then I see tomato production. I am not sure the size of farm operation but isn't there any snow contractors that need this work vs the crop farmer/tomato farmer?

16. Greeneverywhere

Greeneverywhere Member

It looks like he IS a snow contractor. What does it matter what he does while it's not snowing? I know plenty of farmers who plow in the winter.

17. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

That makes no sense. If you had that much equipment sitting around all winter wouldn't you wanna take advantage of the money you could make plowing. I don't know about you but i'm in business to make money and don't feel like giving money up because some other contractor needs it too.

18. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

We are a large farm and do have a lot of equipment. The farm also has to support my family, my brothers family, and my father is still involved too. We also have 3 full-time employees and about 10 seasonal and part-time employees. We got into plowing to keep all our guys busy in the winter months as we don't have enough grain to haul and or shop work to do to keep them all busy. The snow plowing also helps us justify having a loader on a few of our tractors and we also wouldn't have a skid loader if it wasn't used for snow. Also, it helps us keep our fleet of trucks more current. Farming is like many other careers in that it is busy in certain months and not so busy in others. I really appreciate the positive comments about our equipment and the reason we are in the business. We are out there doing it for the same reason everyone else is...TO MAKE MONEY and provide for our families in the best way we can.

19. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

Dodge2500, which have you had better luck with the Wideout or the Blizzards? Whats the reason for running them both? Looks like a very nice operation.

20. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

nice looking gear :)