1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

John Deere tractor/blower

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by nick858, Dec 3, 2008.

1. nick858

nick858 Senior Member
    from Iowa

This is probably a pretty long shot, but we use a JD X485 with 47in 2stage and a Cozy Cab for sidewalks. Im looking for ideas how to mount a shovel somewhere on the unit. With all that glass on the cab, I need to find something to make sure the handle of the shovel doesnt go right through.
    Like I said, probably a long shot, but maybe somebody has something similar...

2. heather lawn spray

heather lawn spray PlowSite.com Addict

roof . . .

2 bungee cords

3. nick858

nick858 Senior Member
    from Iowa

That was exactly my thought too. May just try that today.

4. heather lawn spray

heather lawn spray PlowSite.com Addict

That's how we carry a shovel on the Bobcat

5. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

I have a simplicity 38" snow thrower. The plastic clean out stick is mounted to the intake with metal spring clips. I use those for the shovel. I am ordering another set for our tractor, similar size to yours also with a cab. I plan on mounting to the rops.

6. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah i would find those same clips and find a way to mount them onto the side of one of the posts on the cab of the JD :)