1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

John deere skid steer

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by stacks04, Jan 27, 2011.

1. stacks04

stacks04 Senior Member
    from ct

Hey all, I am trying to find out some info for a skid steer my brother in law picked up. Its an older John deere and thats all we really know. It has no plates/tags on it. I know it has a 4 cyl wisconsin engine that runs like a champ. The two hand controls are straight up and down and control the forward/reverse motion. The 4 pedal foot control system has the two out side pedals for up/down and bucket tilt. The middle pedals are not functioning but I think are for attachments. It has a push button start and lever for the throttle. No gauges or hr meter on it, or even a spot for one. I works real well but has a leaky valve or cylinder causing the bucket to fall/angle down under its own weight. I want to fix it but have no idea where to begin with parts.Thanks in advance.

2. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

Usually a model number would be part of the original decals or paintjob. If they have rubbed off I would think somewhere there has to be a model/serial number placard or stamping. You could use machinerytrader to browse a similar looking unit. If you could figure out the horsepower of the motor it may help narrow it down. The middle pedals may be just foot rests.

http://www.machinerytrader.com/drilldown/models.aspx?ETID=1&catid=1055&Manu=DEERE

Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Pics will help also.

4. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

5. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

6. stacks04

stacks04 Senior Member
    from ct

Snowzilla, I think we do. I will do some more digging on the machine to verify this info. Thanks alot man.

7. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Those were made by OMC/Mustang which is now owned by Gehl.