1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

John Deere skid problem HELP

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Landscapes8988, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Landscapes8988

Landscapes8988 Senior Member

My buddy has a john deere 8875 skid steer and the display lights won't turn off. any ideas??:realmad::realmad:
  2. Spudgunner

Spudgunner Member

My toolcat did this once. I fixed it by rebooting the computer. (Disconnect battery cable for 15 minutes and then reconnect.) I'm not familiar with JD skids, but if it has a computer onboard this may help. I guarantee it'll turn off the lights for at least 15 minutes. :dizzy:
  3. elmo1537

elmo1537 Senior Member

the display on is controlled by one of the seat switches. For example when you sit on the seat the display turns on. Maybe the switch if stuck in the closed position so the computer lights stay on all off the time. I will pull out my manual and see if it could be anything else and I will let you know in a day or two.
  4. Landscapes8988

ok thank you

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

I think elmo has your problem pegged. I think that that model skid is not computerized. Sometimes the swithces may appear to be working upon visual inspection but I would use a continuity tester to see if they are open (or closed whichever is desirable).
  6. elmo1537

elmo1537 Senior Member

this model actually does have a computer but it is not like most that you see now. do your pedals still work correctly? what i mean by this is do they lock and unlock correctly?
  7. KRtraxx

KRtraxx Junior Member

I am guessing seat switch...Its sticking probably..Easy to test..Unplug the switch and see if the light goes out..
  8. elmo1537

elmo1537 Senior Member

Its actually not that easy. The 8875 has two seat switches that work in tandem. You will need to remove the plug off of the switch and check it for continuity to find out which one it really is.
  9. Landscapes8988

got it fixed guys thanks. unpluged them and the lights went off so we relaced them