1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

John Deere skid loader factory

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by johndeereguy, Oct 18, 2011.

1. johndeereguy

johndeereguy Senior Member
    from Iowa

Today I was able to go to the John Deere Dubuque works plant in Dubuque, Iowa. It is where they build all the skid loaders, as well as backhoes, dozers, and some forestry equipment. I have 6 new Deere skid loaders ordered and today the built 3 of them while I was there. They call it a gold key tour. Myself, my wife, my salesman and the tech at the delership where I bought them went. We were able to walk right down the line and talk with all the employees working on the line. See how the parts are made and all put together. It was a very neat experience. Then when r from main assembly there they all sat, lined up for us. We got a plack with our name and each skid loader and serial number listed, also got another plack that states, "This skid loader was built for Lynn DeNeve, blah blah blah, on this date and then you can keep those, or can be put on the skid loaders themselves. Was fed an awesome dinner, sat with 6 engineers for about 1 hour and toured all that happens there. I feel very blessed and proud to be able to do this. Hopefully business keeps up and we can do it again next year, but if not, I will always remember this day.
  2. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Damn, 6 new skids very nice. What model(s) did you get? Lets see some pics!
  3. mnlefty

mnlefty Senior Member

Awesome day for you! I know a few people who have been able to do a similar visit to see a new tractor or combine roll down the line and their impressions were much like yours... first class treatment and amazement of the entire assembly process.
  4. 4wydnr

4wydnr Senior Member
    from N. IL

We got to do the same thing when my dad bought his combine a few years ago. It is a cool experience.
  5. Holland

Holland Senior Member

I know quite a few people that work over there. Big place! Missed a chace to tour it, but i hope to soon! Where you at in ia?
  6. johndeereguy

johndeereguy Senior Member
    from Iowa

I have been to the combine tour and tractor tour as my dad famrs and I run the combine for him in the fall. It was very cool to see my name on the boardwhen I walked in though. I bought 4 332D and 2 328D. They are all fully loaded witht EH controls. I will atke some pics when they all are delivered. In total we will have about 15 skids running this winter. The rest are rentals