1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

John Deere pushing a Horst and Pulling an Ebling.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by JD Dave, Dec 9, 2009.

1. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Got to try out our new blades for the first time today. Doug the operator was extremly pleased with it and couldn't say enough good things about it. <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MV6mMU3ZzrY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MV6mMU3ZzrY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Real Nice. I will take 5 of them. Put it on my tab...

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

No problem.:drinkup:

4. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

How many yards do you think you're pushing/pulling right there? I'd guess 5 in the front and 3 in the back...

5. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

Dave I see you got the same heavy wet snow I had down here. I'm impressed how well it scrapes !!!:salute:

6. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Nice vid Dave. We got the same type of snow too. Heavy and wet as hell but cleaned up real nice

7. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

That deere looks like its hurtin. :drinkup:

If it was RED it wouldnt have a problem :drinkup:

8. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

nice. that's some seriously wet snow....

9. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Nice dave...i got crap down here.....welcome to spring in jersey:realmad:

10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Using Avalanche's backhoes model pusher numbers I'd say it's a lot more then 5 yards.
    They say a 10.5 ft pusher will push 9 yards. If it was fluffy snow it would push alot more yards. http://www.avalanchespreaders.com/products_backhoe.php
    That blade is pretty heavy. The end plates did scrape a little better then I expected.
    Don't be a hater.
    Isn't it spring all year round there?

11. snocrete

snocrete Banned

You answered my question from a while back Dave w/ that vid, about using both. That is awsome, you have got to be pleased! The tractor dosent even seem to be fazed w/ hp or traction 1 bit.

12. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

He was just filling the backblade so much and then dropping his front blade. The first few passes the he was taking to much snow and the tractor was running out of traction, The tractor is 95 pto hp and it will never run out of power. Yes I'm very pleased. Thansk for the nice comments guys.

13. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

you know JD, vid looks all nice and what not but i could beat you with a pickup and a 810....

lol :drinkup:

14. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Ha ha. The operator also used reverse.;)

15. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

That a 7330? Saw one plowing in Milton today. Massive machine. Looks like you got a winning combo there Dave.

16. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

7130 :drinkup:

17. 3ipka

3ipka Senior Member

Saw this thing working on my way in this morning...pretty impressive set up.... But what happened to the case this year? And just curious what does a contract like rockwood mall pay per season, ball park figure?

18. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Can't see the vid on my crackberry-will have to check it out when I get home this morning. Sounds like a very productive combo.

19. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

I'm pretty sure it pays in Coffee, just like all his accounts.

20. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Nice vid Dave.

Looks like a huge time saver-do you figure about 50% more efficiency with that combo?