1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

John Deere doesnt back there products!

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Mike S, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

My CT322 with 300 hours on blew up the right side final drive. At 600 hrs the left side blew. They covered the first one but only covered half the cost of the second. They loaned me a machine and I only put 30 hrs on it and it broke down. I ended up having to rent something at Company Wrench to replace there machine. They are now charging me for rent which they said they were not going to! They also said that they where not going to charge me for the final drive but that didnt happen. What a mess! Dont buy from them they will F@#$ You over!:realmad:

2. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

So the next one will be a CAT :D

3. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

dont you know we are always wrong and beat the shyt out of our equipment at least thats what they think. Thats y i only buy from places i work with all the time i dont look for deals . and you live in the same neighborhood as my brother DR jake kashubeck

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

It's your dealer, ask about Deere paying 50% and don't yell, I had a loader controller replaced and it was $1800 and Deere paid 2/3 and it's been out of warranty for over 1 year. You can call Deere directly and they'll resolve your problem. I have never dealt with a company with better customer service in my life. I hope things work out for you. They will bend over backwards for most customers, at least the dealers around here will. Good luck.

5. Mike S

I have contacted deere and am waiting to hear back from them. I thought it might be the dealer but I know they talked to deere and they are part of the problem. Ron cat might be next!

6. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

to flame the wars!

Put a Bob infront of that cat. and you wouldn't have any problems to fix.

ok thats just for fun. But yeah john deere themselves very good for customer service. I have heard bad stories about some dealers. Best of luck hope it all works out.

7. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

rent from Rudd they have good equipment or Cleveland Brothers

8. Mike S

The Bobcat has the worst setup around here! The dealership is living on borrowed time.

9. guff1972

guff1972 Junior Member
    from kansas

Mike,

If you don't get anywhere let me know. I work for an 8 store Deere dealer group. We sell alot of skid steers and I will try and help you get to the people you need to talk to. Deere alot of times will pay 2/3 of the cost if the dealer pushes them a little bit.
    Let me know if you need help.

10. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

If you use as many exclamation points with them as you do talking about them here I can see why they aren't cow towwing to your every whim.

John Deere is one of the largest companies in the world and they pride themselves on taking care of the customer.

And theres always two sides to every story.

11. Mike S

I will let you know. Thank you for offering!:salute:

12. Mike S

I have to say you dont know me and you are quick to judge me. Unless you are John Deere or JD Equipment you would not know how things went down. I am very professional and have had a long relationship with JD Equipment. I have never screwed them so I expect for them to do the same. They now want to charge me for the loaner skid steer and many other things. I have contacted John Deere and they agree that the situation was not handled right on their end. If you where in my shoes I think you would be mad too! Bottom line is that over all service has been really bad and the machine is a lemon! You spend $36,000 and have the machine you bought break down all the time due to failing parts. $36,000 for a unreliable machine!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2008
  13. Red_Rattler

Red_Rattler Senior Member

Case all the way! Cat second and Bobcat third......

14. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

operator error? im kidding , relax... hope things work out... CATs r nice and expensive too....

15. Mike S

Its funny deere and my dealership isnt laughing now! My attorney had a nice chat with both of them!

16. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

im dieing to hear what wasw said....

17. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

go CaT next time......i have had 2 machines bought back for lemon's and still love dealing with the same dealer's.

CaT's philosophy is "if it has been worked on for the same problem twice,. the third time you have a new one"

i think i may have warned you about the track system on the JD skid's? ;) lol

18. SD-Dave

SD-Dave Senior Member
    from Vermont

I agree with JD....

Deere has been great to me...but honestly being in a similar industry I do know how to speak their language...that said being professional, honest and going right to the customer service desk with the right message is the ticket.

I had numerous problems with a Deere Telehandler...after several concessions on a variety of repair issues they stepped up and got me into a new machine at very little cost.

Was a great decision on their part since that great service I have purchased 3 Deere units since.

Deere's been good to me.

Dave

19. illiniplower

illiniplower Member

I have to agree Deere by far has the better service. I operate Deere, CASE and CAT machinery and I have had the best luck with Deere and CASE mostly. No matter what though with any company your will sometimes run across bad customre service.

20. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

I have heard of deere paying 1/3 dealer paying 1/3 and owner paying 1/3 on just out of warranty ag equip