1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

John Deere Buck 500

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by skamaniac, Sep 13, 2009.

1. skamaniac

skamaniac Member

Anybody know anything about these?

2. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

It was built for JD by Bombardier.

3. skamaniac

skamaniac Member

I think they only built them for a couple years. Did they have problems?

4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Bombardier bilt them and John Deere put there name on them.

Ya, they don't make them any more. I don't think they had probablems, but I don't think they were very popular.

5. cretebaby

Isn't that what I just said?

6. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Yes I just refrased it. I apoligize for steeling you what you said.

7. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

Yeah, but you actually spelled a few words correctly in your post.

8. cretebaby

LOL :drinkup:

9. Reb

Reb Senior Member
    from Wyoming

They were called a Traxter when sold under the Bombardier name. 2005 was the last year they sold under that name which happens to be the year I bought mine.

I'm not sure what you want to know about them but as far as a work machine, at least for my type of work, they just don't get any better. Take a look at my pictures, you will see some of what I do with mine.

10. skamaniac

skamaniac Member

Well, i bought it. It's 05 and had 64 miles on it. Doesn't want to idle though so i think a good carberateur cleaning should do the trick since it just sat in the guys pole barn. Came with a 60" plow and a 2500 Warn winch. I'd like to go with a synthetic rope set up. Reb, i noticed in your pics you have a rope setup that looks like about 4 strands of rope coming off the winch.

I'm also thinking of fabricating a lift utilizing the winch and a pulley. I can come out of the front receiver and straight up and attach a pulley directly over the plow. Any thoughts on that?

11. Reb

Reb Senior Member
    from Wyoming

I do run 4 ropes off my 2500 lb. winch. A year or so ago I posted how to do it, not sure if it is still on here or not. I will take a look, see if I can find the instructions and pictures if you want.

If you have a Cycle Country plow pick up the down pressure system. It makes a world of difference in the performance of the plow. I doubt you will need to pulley system you mentioned but it is hard to say without trying it. The winch pocket is very low on the Traxter. It doesn't affect how I use it due to my down pressure system places the winch up high.

12. skamaniac

skamaniac Member

The plow is a John Deere. I don't know if one can be modified to fit it or not.

13. Reb

Reb Senior Member
    from Wyoming

I don't know who made the John Deere plow. You might look at different plows to see if you can match one up or post a picture here. Someone might recognize it.

14. skamaniac

skamaniac Member

It has a 5 position angle if that helps.

15. Reb

Reb Senior Member
    from Wyoming