1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

John Deere + Boss = Bad Ass!!!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by FSUPERDUTY, Jan 4, 2012.

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

Snowmobiling in Northern Wisconsin today and ran across this groomer in Mercer,WI. They use the blades to pull snow back on the trail mainly in the corners.

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

That looks like a wicked nice set up. I have all ways wanted to drag trails with a big groomer or a tractor with tracks.
  3. PowersTree

PowersTree Senior Member

One min. I will upload a pic up the Straits Area club groomer.

I really like this picture, because I have pics of the same tractor, in the same spot, when it was brand new, and I was up there alone with my 4 month old son.
  4. StratfordPusher

StratfordPusher Senior Member

IMO I would have thought that a 10' Vee would have been a better choice to cut through heavy drifts but what do I know ... lol
  5. Red_Rattler

Red_Rattler Senior Member

negative! we wanna keep the snow ON the trails lol
  6. StratfordPusher

StratfordPusher Senior Member

Found our missing snow

Looks like I found our missing snow, you guys are hoarding it to make snowmobiling trails.. don't you guys know there is a world wide snow recession going on ?

My aunt in Denmark says they are having the same weather as us, no snow.....

Now come on and share.... you have had you fun....tymusic
  7. PowersTree

PowersTree Senior Member

Straits Area Snowmobile Club
  8. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

4 months?! That kid is huge!

I love seeing groomers
  9. PowersTree

PowersTree Senior Member

It was brand new when he was 4months. He is now 5 years.
  10. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

Rather have the first one.. I hate JDs tracked tractors... Nice pics though!!
  11. scholzee

scholzee Senior Member

Is there a skid plate in the front of that JD groomer ?? looks like all the weight is near the nose of that rig ??
  12. PowersTree

PowersTree Senior Member

The plate on the front of the one I posted is the front plow / grooming blade.

It also has a sled groomer that is pulled behind it, almost like in the OP pictures.
  13. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Ya, a 10' V would be better I think. You could cut through drifts easier and you could scoop the snow and put it in an area that needs it.
  14. edgeair

edgeair Senior Member

I like the tractor pics, but I must ask, what is that white stuff??? :confused: Not taken this year right? :laughing:

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

The UP of Michigan has snow
  16. South Seneca

South Seneca Senior Member

So, how many members in the club does it take to buy equipment like that?
  17. PowersTree

PowersTree Senior Member

The UP always has snow doesn't it??????? ;)
  18. G.Landscape

G.Landscape Senior Member
    from Ontario

Definitely need to have scoop plows only!! don't want to be pushing snow offthe trails. Up here I have only ever seen bombardier or similar tracked machines with scoop plows.

Similar to this, but that's just a google image
  19. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Umm...... No. LOL
  20. StuveCorp

StuveCorp Senior Member

I don't believe you that was in Wisconsin...:) Cool rig, I've seen some New Hollands set up with tracks but not with a blade.