1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

John Deere Blower

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by DARDONINC, Oct 28, 2008.

DARDONINC Junior Member
    from vermont

Can anybody tell me if the 09 John Deere walk behind snowblower are deere made or somebody elses.
    Dealer tells me they are deere made.
  2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I think they carry the name "Frontier" but that could very well be a John Deere brand.

DARDONINC Junior Member
    from vermont

I answered my own question.
    John deere blowers are made by Power Products Group.
    Which also owns Briggs,Simplicity,Ferris,Murry and some others
  4. plowmstr2

plowmstr2 Junior Member

well they can be john deere made only if you get them a a john deere dealer. if your got it from home depot something in that order they are made from MTD which are not johnnys just has it written.

DARDONINC Junior Member
    from vermont

I do now know for sure they are made by power products group.
    mtd is not part of this group.
  6. Woodland

Woodland Senior Member

Don't quote me on this but...

I was told that Deere does not mfg any of their smaller equipment including mowers, blowers, handhelds, compact and sub-compact tractors. It isn't until you get to their larger "agricultural" tractors, harvesters and construction equipment that they do their own manufacturing. They do, however, as I was told, keep a much better reign on QC from there outsourced manufacturers.