1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

John Deere 6430

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Saliba, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Saliba

Saliba Member

Figured i would grab a few pics of the new tractor we got back in march while it was still new, had it out doing some field work when it was dry a few weeks back, if only that had lasted. On delivery day the dealer for some reason dropped the tractor off at a different farm down the road from ours and the farmer walked out of his house and saw a tractor sitting in his yard. We were kinda wondering where it was when they said it would be at our farm by noon, meanwhile it was late aft. Luckily it was our relative that saw the tractor there and drove it over. Its going to be our tillage tractor on the farm, and then my snow pushing tractor in the winter. Feels nice to be able to move at a decent pace on the road since it has a 40k trans vs the 30k on the tractor i used this past winter, should make the night a bit quicker.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Sweet ride!! I bet your neighbor thought he won the lottery when he saw the shiny new tractor sitting in his yard. hahaha

3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

It pulls that disk like a toy, doesn't it?

4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice tractor. Your neighbor must have sh!t a brick when he saw that in his yard. How many horse is it?

5. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Now that's a tractor!

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice!!

7. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

Nice tractor. It has been a very wet spring here as well not alot of fieldwork done yet its getting frustrating.

8. Saliba

Saliba Member

We pull that disc with a roller behind it normally, and were on really sandy soil here so all the tractor can pull it up to is 6mph or so, then the rpms really drop. I'd imagine in heavier soil it will be easy for it.

95hp

Tell me about it. Last year was the complete opposite too. It makes it tough for us since were into cole crops, and our first block needed to be planted a week ago in order to be ready for the first week of july.

Thanks for all of the comments.

9. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Wow thats a nice tractor! Enjoy!

10. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

Nice....what do you have for snow equipment on it?

11. Saliba

Saliba Member

Horst 12 ft blade with manual flip up endplates, and a horst harness.

12. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

Nice! I'm sure I have a key that fits for it too if you want it moved ;)

13. toyotaplow

toyotaplow Member

When I used to work on the farm we had a 30ft cultivator and our big tractor broke the water pump. We pulled it for 3 days behind a 6400, I think it was rated around 85hp. It didn't like to pull it, but it never quit. Always loved the power of a Deere.