1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

John Deere 5575

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by crossboneracing, Aug 1, 2011.

1. crossboneracing

crossboneracing Senior Member

Hey guys, thinking of picking up a skid steer for loading salt and mulch during summer. A friend has a john deere 5575 for sale that looks in decent shape. All new hydraulic lines (hard lines and flex), only 800 hours. I believe its a late 90's machine. Curious of what to look for, if its a decent machine or if they have alot of issues, and what you guys think its worth. Any help appreciated.
  2. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

it isn't a beast or anything, I have a neighbor who has one, and I would say it is compariable to my 1840 Case. I guess it depends on the price of it.
  3. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

good machines. I have a 6675 that I bought with 1600 hours. I gave about $9k for the machine, two buckets, and a set of forks. Ive been really happy with it. Whats the guy asking?
  4. duramax-king

duramax-king Senior Member

Had a New holland lx665 recently was a great machine had a bit over 3500 hours and it ran great, good machines
  5. crossboneracing

crossboneracing Senior Member

Hey guys, he is asking 7k for it which i think is a little high. It needs a couple tires, but overall is in decent shape. Havent had a chance to run it yet, maybe next week. I was thinking 4-5k is fair as it only has 1 bucket and needs a couple tires. Let me know what you think