1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

John Deere 5085E ,, Rental

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by BowTieDmax, Oct 4, 2015.

1. BowTieDmax

BowTieDmax Senior Member

I'm thinking of renting my new tractor out for winter. It has loader on the front , enclosed cab and is a pretty loaded machine. I just never rented out a tractor so not sure on pricing? I was thinking 2,000 month for the 5 month season . What does anyone think about price?
    I usually rent out my cat wheel loader and prolly gonna rent my cat 287c this year also.
    Just looking for some input on tractor

2. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

With no blade, I would say closer to half of that would be reasonable. But I'd also be hesitant to rent a tractor out unless I knew who was going to be in it. That's just me though.

3. BowTieDmax

BowTieDmax Senior Member

That should push a 10' box ? Same company will have my loader and skid also. I'm stuck with pricing on tractor. Skids from cat for the winter are 2500 or so a month, this is a 10-11k lb machine that travels a lot faster .,, so I think it's gotta rent way more than 1000 or it will sit.

4. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

It will push the right 10 foot box, but it'll struggle with cheaper (rubber edge) boxes. Putting a 10 foot box on loader arms and letting someone rent it for the winter is asking for bent arms in my opinion.

If it were me, I'd leave it sit. The only thing I'd want to rent it for would be snowblower use and keep the loader at my place so no one is tempted to use it.