1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

john deere 4400 with 430 loader

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dnye08, Feb 2, 2014.

1. dnye08

dnye08 Junior Member
    from kansas

We are looking to put a snow pusher on the front of our john deere 4400 tractor with a 430 loader. I am thinking that a 72 inch would be the ideal size and probably all it would handle. Thoughts?

2. dnye08

dnye08 Junior Member
    from kansas

and does anyone have experience with the rubber cutting edges? i would think steel would be much better

3. AUDRAIN PLOWER

AUDRAIN PLOWER Member

thats a 47 horse tractor right ?you should be fine with it i run a 8ft on a 60 horse case ih no problems i perfer steel edge over rubber

4. jbutch83

jbutch83 Senior Member

Go either with steel or poly edge. Rubber will suck a lot of power. Don't expect to be able to do long pushes either.

5. dnye08

dnye08 Junior Member
    from kansas

actually it's only a 35 hp unfortunately. It will mostly be used for small lots with the exception of a lot that gets pushed continually throughout storms so it will never see deep snows on that one.

6. bluejlandscaper

bluejlandscaper Member

You should have no problem with that 6' snow pusher on that size tractor. Of course it won't push 12" of heavy snow for long distances. Just take a partial bite.
    I have a 6' pusher that I use on a 28hp New Holland tractor to plow a 10,000 sg./ft courtyard, without any problems.

I've even used that pusher on my Toro Dingo, mini-skidsteer too, in light snowfalls, to clear driveways in a pinch.

7. snowbelt5

snowbelt5 Member

i have a jd 4310, but only 32 hp. Really, u will run out of traction before hp on these tractors. turf tires are actually better than the industrial for pushing snow, and make sure you weight the rear end a lot. I have my tires filled with liquid plus I run a ballast on the back. More weight the better, these tractors are light without any weight for momentum pushing snow.

8. bluejlandscaper

bluejlandscaper Member

Your totally correct there. I run turf tires on my three compact NH tractors, 28hp to 45hp. Also all rear tires have liquid ballast too for added weight. I run rear blades or snow blowers too for added weight.
    Never had a problem pushing snow with my tractors.