1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

John Deere 3520 Cab Front Blower Vid

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by KarlG, Dec 21, 2008.

1. KarlG

KarlG Junior Member

We had about 12-14 inches to clean up yesterday and with winds and more snow coming I wanted to blow the stuff away from the drive to keep the banks from creeping in. We get about 110-120" seasonal fall and I frequently plow with a Boss V-XT 9'2" and a Chevy 25000 HD. I have about 2000 feet of paved drives and roads to clear and a big open parking area near the horse stable and arena.

After years of open station tractors, the cab tractor is just a joy to work in. Yesterday it was 4 degrees F out and T shirt warm in the cab after it warmed up. I haven't seen many videos of the John Deere 3 series cab tractors with the front mount blowers so made one.

Great little utility tractor.

John Deere 3520 Cab Blowing
  2. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

That's an awesome video, I really like how you edited it together.

BETHELSKIER Senior Member

Really cool video. Looks like a nice long driveway to clear.
  4. ff1221

ff1221 PlowSite.com Addict

That was awesome, you should sell it to John deere. Well done
  5. MN_BR

MN_BR Member

Awesome video. Very professionally done.
  6. Case580M

Case580M Senior Member

Very Very well done!

How about posting some pics of your setup and also what blower you used etc. Need one just like it for my hard to plow drive. Just no place to push but a blower would be great.
  7. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

get job with the video nice little machine :Di've been toying with the idea of having a tractor as a backup plower .
  8. greenred

greenred Member

Sweet video and sweet tractor.
  9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I agree, that was sweet!!!!
  10. Seabugs

Seabugs Junior Member
    from ne

About your credits. I might be wrong but I think the version of Bittersweet Symphony you're using was performed by The Verve. The Verve, incidentally, were sued by The Rolling Stones over that song because of its likeness to the Stones' song from the 60's entitled "The Last Time"

The song fits that video very nicely, not sure why but an excellent match.
  11. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

That's a great Video. I think I could sit in there for a few hours. Nice and open.
  12. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

Nice little machine....I'm updating my tractors....how your's been? Any problems?
  13. KarlG

KarlG Junior Member

Thanks everyone. LIke I said, I have a pretty big job for a "residential" and need the equipment "to get her done" in the type of weather we get. The Boss V is quicker but I end up with no place to put the snow by end of Jan or Feb. We got about another 6-8 inches between yesterday and today. The tractor does double duty for pasture mowing, front end work with a 4 in 1 bucket , fence line maintenance, etc.

The set up is there, a John Deere 3520 Cab Tractor and a front mount 59 inch John Deere 2 Stage Blower. I have real long runs and some steep hills (all paved) and prefer a front mount blower.The weight box balances the rig and adds traction over the rear wheels but I still occasionally need to pull the blower out of float to gain back steering sometimes. I salt the steep parts when they get icy with a tailgate spreader on the Chevy 2500 HD.

I would plow all the time as the heavy Boss V-XT gives a cleaner scrape but there gets to be no place to put the snow as the banks build in and when it's drifting, it just blows back in.

Damn, you are absolutely right! I pulled it from my iTunes lib and got it from a friend and in lots of places it is listed as by "Oasis" and is the three minute version of the song from the movie "Cruel Intentions". It is actually a cut down version of the 5 min album version by "The Verve". See, that's what you get from sharing music clips with friends .:rolleyes:

Only had it about a year and after 20 plus years on open station tractors, being in the cab is the shiznit. You can get an extended warranty if you are commercial and normal warranty is about 3 years. These modern tractors have hydrostatic transmissions, cruise controls, load match, safety lock outs and electronics up the yin yang and I'm not sure how it will hold up over time compared to the 10 year old John Deere 1070 it replaced which was dirt simple. John Deere is also coming out with some less complicated and cheaper tradditional geared tractors this year.So far, I have had about 100 hours on the 3520 and it's been problem free and is easy to work on as far as routine maintenance chores like oil and filter, lube, etc. Also, there is lots of plastic compared to tractors of 10 years ago. Cab is wonderful, really air tight with an HVAC system that cools and heats fantastically. JD has the best cab going right now as far as open visibility (it bows out to the sides and you can see the bucket at the top of it's travel) and quietness.
  14. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

That some sweet stuff right there.
  15. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Sweet tractor
  16. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

Thanks for answering up on the questions......I'm thinking about waiting until they come out with the gears.....I really like the ones I'm seeing out being used though....everyone that I talk to is saying their the schitt for using though.....:)
  17. ALarsh

ALarsh Senior Member

We have two of those tractors at work, might be the 4000 series though, not sure but they are freakin nice. Boy are the cabs sweet! Nicest tractor I have ran!