1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

John deere 320 & push box

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Vaughn Schultz, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Quick question, I have an 8' push box, I also have a very inexpensive way to use a 07 320 for the season. Can it handle a 8' push box?

Thank you.

2. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Im thinking its too light.

3. Sure hope its not too light cause Im putting an 8' box on my John Deere 4720....Loaded tires and all though...

4. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

I've never ran a 320 with a pusher. But I checked Avalanche and Pro Techs websites and the 320 meets the requirements for an 8' box. I say go for it.

5. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

i put one on a john deere 790 several years ago. Took the weights off the front and fabricated a plate to hold them in the rear hitch. Then had to buy tractor tires filled with calcium. Then had to buy a set of weights for the rear tires. The box really throws the machine off. Then bought a cab enclosure, heater, windshield wiper and finally a defrost.

Spent a fortune for just adding a pusher box. Had to fab the front of the loader attachment.

6. How big of a pusher did you put on the 790? How fast were you able to plow with it? My tractor is considerably bigger than that and Im almost considering a 10' box for it now.....

7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

We have a weight kit on our 320 and it handles a 8ft pusher really well. I have never drove it before but it's been on there for 3 winters.

8. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

i believe it is a 6 foot pusher. never used the tractor myself. put it on a large commercial lot that we use to do at an hourly rate. the machine did a nice job - good at stacking snow and cleaning up.

9. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

You own a piece of equipment like that and have never driven it?

10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

We only use it in the winter and yes all I've done with it is take it on and off the trailer and I used it to put triple mix in my flower beds. I've probably only plowed 10 hours in the last 5 years as the salt truck I drive has no blade.

11. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

no i never plowed with it. allways in my duramax. Yes i drive the john deere all the time during the summer to bush hog and other things.