1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

john deere 270 skid steer heater install?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by hosejockey4506, Jan 6, 2011.

1. hosejockey4506

hosejockey4506 Senior Member

I am having troubles figure out where to tap into my cooling system to get coolant for the heater. the dealer wasnt much help as the heater isnt factory

question is could some one go look at there machine and tell me where the factory taps into the cooling system.

there are coolant ports on both sides of the motor by the radiator hoses but one of them is around 3/8 and is straight thread with a o ring seal and the other is around 1/2 . I need to get them to some sort of barb fitting for 5/8ths heater hose.

2. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

i can't speak for your machine but i just did my New Holland install and the mechanics recommended using the factory ports so that there wouldn't be any flow issues. I know you said your looking for the factory ports but i'm just mentioning this in case you decide to plug in anywhere. also it is likely that once you have the system plumbed you may not initially get heat to the core until you bleed the air from the system. air might get trapped in the core lines and not allow flow until bled. good luck with your project...mine turned out good and i saved about 1800.00 over factory parts and labor,
    steve

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=110309

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011