1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

John Deere 265

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Banksy, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Here is my JD 265, 17hp Kawasaki tractor. It is a work in progress. The deck was junk, so that got tossed. I have the rims to put on bigger tires like in the second pic. I'm going to use the big ag' tires instead of the turf savers. I traded a basket case POS 3 wheeler for it. I'm bored, so I thought I'd share.

[​IMG]

I got it to eventually make it into a mini loader like this one.

[​IMG]

2. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

looks like a cool project but in reality thats a waste....save your $. I tried using a lil 25hp diesel JD yesterday and it was gutless.

3. cubplower

cubplower Senior Member

eglc i have two tractors with plows and ive never had them run out of power or traction in any storm

4. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

It definitely couldn't handle a snow pusher or anything, but I think it would work good to fart around the yard with. It would be fine to move mulch, grade the stone/dirt driveway, pick up stuff with a set of forks and other light work. I love hydraulics and I'd go buy a skid steer if I could instead of working on this, but I can't so I'll tinker with what I have. This is certainly NOT a Home Depot John Deere. This thing weighs a ton and has a thick C-channel frame.

Google "loader plans" and click on the first choice, you'll see all types of lawn tractors with loaders and even back hoes. There's even a Craftsman on there with a back hoe.

5. cubplower

cubplower Senior Member

yea definatly it could do what you said you plan on using it for... maybe even a small plow

6. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

My 50" Swisher plow I use on the 4 wheelers would be perfect.

7. cubplower

cubplower Senior Member

Yea... I think jd might sell a 54" hydraulic 4 way plow for that model but I'm not sure.

8. mitchp

mitchp Member

Hate to say it but whatever plow you put on it will be a manual angle. The later 300 series offered the 4 way hydraulics. 300 series meaning 312, 314, 316, 317, and 318s. They could also have a small bucket loader put on them. The 318s were the better tractor by far since they had the better forward/reverse/brake setup. I had a 316 before the 425 that I have now. My driveway is 30' wide at the garage and I NEVER had a problem moving snow with it. But I also had a blower for it when the plow couldnt handle it. The only thing that I can say should have been designed better is the blade height. The plow on my 425 moves a lot of snow but on the second pass on a long driveway the plow cant roll the snow enough.

9. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I'm going to use the blade pulley to run a hydro pump since it won't be needed to run a deck.

10. cubplower

cubplower Senior Member

good idea.. both of my tractor plows are manual angle and i don't really mind it