1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

John Deere 250 SS

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by ford550, Jan 30, 2009.

1. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

I have a 2003 John Deere 250 Series 2, wheel skiddie for immediate sale.
    Machine is open ROPS, backup alarm, self leveling bucket, foot controls and all the other standards. This machine has 1220 hrs, tires are 50%, new battery. Garage kept when not in use. This machine was used for landscaping (soil, mulch, sod, pavers, etc.). Great machine, never any problems. All regular maintenance has been done on this machine. I am getting a new one and looking to get rid of this one. Can email pictures upon request. Serious inquiries only, please. In east central PA.

$11,000.00

2. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

bump......

3. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

sunday bump......

4. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

here are some pics guys, thanks for looking, i can email more pics if interested

009a.jpg

5. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

another.........

002a.jpg

6. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

one more.........

012a.jpg

7. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

going once...........

8. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

going twice..............

9. Gettindirty

Gettindirty Member

Looks like a nice Skid steer and price. I'm looking for one with a closed cab. Kind of tired eating dust and freezing butt. How have you liked the JD. They were know to have issues, your?

Good luck

10. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

They were?

News to me

11. landcare pa

landcare pa Member

News to me as well ,the Cat we have is a piece of Crap and money pit.

12. Gettindirty

Gettindirty Member

Talked to JD rep. A ton of Mickey Mouse issues. Some SS were pretty good by the time the series 2 came out most were gone. The switch to the 300 was because of the problems. I'm not knocking the 200's just what I waas told. Rented the 200 before I really liked them.

13. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

This is a series 2, 250. I am the only owner of this machine and have never had one problem with this machine (knock on wood). This machine has never been back to the dealer shop for anything in the 5+ years and 1220 hrs I have owned it. Maybe I was just lucky? But I have not ever heard of anyone else having issues either. Still runs as good as the day I got it.

Quite honestly I am mostly getting rid of it b/c it doesn't have a cab or heat and I can't have the guys freezing their butts off anymore. It isn't fun working in those conditions. It's too bad b/c it is really a great machine, for someone who doesn't need a cab.

same with ours, nothing but problems, can't wait to replace it with a CT322 one of these days.

14. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

PLease reply to my friend with your contact info. His email is todd@calandshans.com. Thank you.

15. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

This machine is sold! Thanks for looking.