1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

John Deere 250 skid steer?..

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by erkoehler, Oct 6, 2011.

1. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Anyone run a John Deere 250? I'm looking at a 2003 model with 900 hours. Has cab and heat from factory.

Thinking I'd pair it with a 8th push box.

Anyone have any reviews on Deere skids?

2. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Nobody??????

3. 4wydnr

4wydnr Senior Member
    from N. IL

The tree service I worked for in college had a 250 then a 260 deere. They were good machines I don't remember many issues with them. Cab and heat will be great, you will be more than comfortable in a sweatshirt. They just had a 7'6" blade on their loaders.

I like the low hours but what is the asking price? I bought an 04 NH LS180 in 2007 with 900 hrs for $18,000 for reference. The 180 is a little larger than 250 deere.

4. kagenewengland

kagenewengland Senior Member

we have 7 jd skid steers-the only ones that have given us problems are the new d-series. the old ones seem pretty tough. If the machine does not have 2-speed drive i think you should keep looking because you will regret not having the production capabilities.