1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

john deere 250 back window

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Scottscape, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

I'm trying to put my JD250 skidsteers back window in. It is a pita. Is there a trick to getting the weather strip in around it. Should I put the strip around the frame or the strip around the window then the frame? This seems like it would be a common problem.

2. snow game

snow game Senior Member
    from RI

If the problem you are having, is when you push the glass against the rubber gasket, the gasket just pushes up against the other side keeping the glass from setting in between the front gasket and back gasket, then try the following.
    Place a thin but strong line in between the two gaskets (mason line) wet the gasket with gasoline (this will soften the rubber). Set the bottom in first (you can usually get one side in easily). Then work the glass in as for as you can on the other edges. when its as far as you can get it, start pulling the string out at a right angle to the window. This should pull the rubber out from under the glass as you go. Good luck!
  3. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

Thats a great idea! Thanks