1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

John deere 244j

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by 512high, Feb 22, 2014.

1. 512high

512high Senior Member

Hi Everyone, I may be purchasing a used 2007 JD244J wheel loader...I read on John deere site, that it comes pre-wired for a roof beacon/strobe...Does anyone have this Unit, and if so...is the "switch" already built in the console as well? And if so does it go on with any other lights or is there a special marking for it? Thanks
  2. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

If that's a deal breaker in buying the machine why not run one off the cigarette plug? Buy a exter plug if you need to use it to charge your cell phone or something.

Backhoe I used last year I used a add a fuse put it in a key power fuse circuit, had a inline switch on the cord and off to the races.
  3. 512high

512high Senior Member

Grassman, Thanks for the reply! No its not abiggie at all, I consider my self very good with wiring etc...just trying to make life easier, I don't have the machine yet, saw a glimse of the control console, and read maybe its just the new 244Js that come prewired etc... by all means not a deal breaker!