1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

John Deere 2210 starting problems. Need help snows flying

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by merrimacmill, Jan 1, 2008.

1. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

My 2210 has gotten very unpredictable. Sometimes it starts, sometimes it doesn't. I have John Deere comming out tomorrow to fix this but the snow is flying today and I need to atleast get it running. Heres the situation.

It will start and then die, and not start up again. It has done this atleast once every storm. So I assumed that it was gelling diesel, but I always put in power service anti gelling fluid. So today when it happened I went to the water separator and pulled that off and there was a lot of water in there so I cleaned it all out and changed the filter and this helped nothing. How I got it started last time this happened was I got a hair dryer and heated all the fuel lines and injectors and fuel filters. After about an hour or two of this I got it started. It was around 32 though so I doubt that the diesel with fuel additive would gel at that temp. One member on the pictures forum suggested that it could be air in the lines. I don't know how I would get the air out of the lines though.

Any help is appriciated. Especially since the snows flying right now. I just went to start it and nothing.

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Does it the engine fire like it wants to run?

3. merrimacmill

from MA

Usually it will once and awhile. But this time absolutly nothing happens. Any Ideas?

4. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I'll PM you

5. merrimacmill

from MA

Alright thank you,

Collin