1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

John Deere 1420

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by johnnyusa, Mar 8, 2015.

1. johnnyusa

johnnyusa Member
    from ct

I bought a 4wd John Deere 1420 front mount with a snow blower and cab with heater. I was wondering if any other contractors have had the good luck i had with these on town homes as we did this past year? We do a 28 unit complex that took 6 hours with 10 Men before we bought this unit and after we purchased this unit the same place takes 2 to 2 1/2 hours with only 3 men.

2. johnnyusa

johnnyusa Member
    from ct

Cant believe 71 views and no one knows about the front mounts for snow removal i see all the universities using them but on this site theyre not mentioned.

3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

What's the question?

71 views is not a lot. GV is probably 60 of them

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  4. johnnyusa

johnnyusa Member
    from ct

If other contactors used them and how they worked for them?

5. Spence92

Spence92 Junior Member

My church uses one for the sidewalks and also clears the handicap spots with it. They only have a sweeper on the front so I can't say much of the blower. Sorry. We had a good 4 inches on the walks along with a slushy mix in the handicap spots. Needless to say it did EXCELLENT!

6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Kept forgetting that he looked at the previous 59 times?