1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

John deere 1420

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by johnnyusa, Nov 1, 2014.

1. johnnyusa

johnnyusa Member
    from ct

does anyone know if a snow blower off a john deere 935 can be fitted to work on a john deere 1420 ? Any help would be appreciated John

2. johnnyusa

johnnyusa Member
    from ct

nobody familiar

3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

F900 series attachments only fit on F1145s. They do not fit on any other front mount mowers from John Deere.

In your case I know the blower won't mount up but is the length of the PTO shaft okay? That would be the biggest concern in my opinion. You can always cut and re-weld the mount to fit your current setup.

4. johnnyusa

johnnyusa Member
    from ct

thanks Camden I can cut off current square stock and re-weld the mounts to fit my set up no problem. just wondering if i did that would it work ? i spoke with dealer and he said no way but it looks to me that it wil work

5. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I would have no concerns about re-fabricating the mount to fit your current setup. Like I mentioned above, my only concern would be the PTO shaft being the correct length. If it is I say go for it.

6. johnnyusa

johnnyusa Member
    from ct

camden do u know if the 935 splined shaft hook up is the same size as 1420 in other words if its long enough will it attach to spline?

7. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Sorry I don't know that, I only have F900 series attachments.

8. johnnyusa

johnnyusa Member
    from ct

oh okay thanks ill look into it worse case ill buy a whole new shaft

9. johnnyusa

johnnyusa Member
    from ct

Bought 47 inch heavy duty snow blower for 500 and guy sold me a 60 inch broom for 300 hope i can make it fit my 1420 looks to me like it will