1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

john deere 1420 4wd

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by johnnyusa, Aug 30, 2014.

1. johnnyusa

johnnyusa Member
    from ct

Anyone use them for snow removal? i have a tight spaced 24 unit condo complex. i just bought one off a guy who runs a private estate and said it was great in the snow with a 54inch heavy duty plow . I' d like to try this on the condos its very tight for my truck. Any help would be great thanks

2. johnnyusa

johnnyusa Member
    from ct

no one wow

3. jimslawnsnow

jimslawnsnow PlowSite Fanatic
    from mn

I have a 1445 with a 60" blade and a 60 blower. I use the blower for town homes and other drives. The blade does OK. It needs better springs and you run out of room quick. If you get on the lawn that has a drop off or points down hill you get stuck easily. Mine goes over 55-70 drives per snow. Late last year I pushed 80 each snow

4. johnnyusa

johnnyusa Member
    from ct

jim do u think i can use it for a 22 unit town house place I'm thinking of buying a cab with heat for it and have a 3 guys dropped off 2 shovelers for steps and the john deere operator. do u think it would work? was also thinking of adding a foot on each side of plow ( wings that could pin forward in scoop or pinned back flat) i have heavy duty john deere plow with 4 springs. do u think machine has enough power the guy who owned it b4 me said it was very strong and he plowed 10 inches no problem or do u think i should just use blower all the time 3 inches or more . thanks john

5. johnnyusa

johnnyusa Member
    from ct

jim do have 4wd ?