1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

john deere 110 plow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by fireside, Dec 29, 2011.

1. fireside

fireside Senior Member

converted meyer plow with skidsteer quick change plate

IMG_5534.JPG

IMG_5535.JPG

IMG_5537.JPG

2. fireside

fireside Senior Member

pictures of wings before metal plate welded in

IMG_5536.JPG

3. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Looks good, that's a lot of grinding

4. fireside

fireside Senior Member

mounting plate

607.JPG

608.JPG

5. fireside

fireside Senior Member

wings finshed

605.JPG

610.JPG

6. fireside

fireside Senior Member

got some paint

615.JPG

618.JPG

7. fireside

fireside Senior Member

When it grows up it wants to be a blizzard plow. i tried to paint it white(primer) but he wanted it yellow. One of my blizzard plows got a new coat of white.

614.JPG

619.JPG

8. fireside

fireside Senior Member

More to follow rubber edges going on in the am. Hydro lines and crossover valve are all installed

9. adino1954

adino1954 Junior Member
    from ct

any updated pics of the progress?

10. fireside

fireside Senior Member

I will try to post more pic's in the am. It's complete and left for it's winter home.

11. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

What did you use for a crossover valve, I need to put one on my fisher for my JD as well

12. fireside

fireside Senior Member

I order it from grainger $111.00. northern tool also has them. It has 3/4 fitting all the way around i just reduced it down to 1/4 to plow and 1/2 lines to the tractor

13. fireside

fireside Senior Member

pic of it all done. It did come back to get shoes added. On the JD the arms come down below the level of the tractor and we were afraid the arms would drag on the ground if the plow was not keep level. Now with the shoes added that cann't happen one per side

IMG_5591.JPG

IMG_5592.JPG

14. fireside

fireside Senior Member

I now have 2 other plows in the shop looking to get the same mods to them. Wings are big everyone seems impressed at the final product. Now we need some snow to try it out.

15. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

It's interesting how you built the wings without adding a lot of extra width to the plow. Easy to make them stronger that way. How much did it actually add to the length overall?

16. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good :nod:

17. fireside

fireside Senior Member

The plow is now 8' i added 3" per side. That way you still have steel edge behind the rubber wing edges. This is not the first one i have done like this. I made an 8' into 9'2" but i didn't like not having full steel edge behind the rubber.

18. Harford13

Harford13 Senior Member

Nice Work!!

19. fireside

fireside Senior Member

The goal was not to make it much bigger just to add wings to help carry snow. They were using a very large 10' pusher on the tractor with very poor results. This should help them pick up productity

20. fireside

fireside Senior Member

Update on the project. After 5 storms the plow had major damage do to a manhole cover high speed impact. The quick attach plale was twisted almost 1.25" from side to side top to bottom. The A frame was also damaged. Heres the repair and upgraded mount.

IMAG0065.jpg

IMAG0067.jpg

IMAG0068.jpg

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013