1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

john deere 110 loader

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by hotshot4819, Aug 26, 2007.

1. hotshot4819

hotshot4819 Senior Member

would a 110 be alright for relocating piles in a parking lot after a strom? i know its not the biggest, however as long as it gets the job done i dont care. im sure i could get a high capacity bucket to help out a little. opinions please.
    i have 48 hours after storm end to have piles pushed off of parking lot, so if i pile close enuf to the perimiter its not a long travel?

2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

depending on what size lots your working with i think thatll definitley get the job done. even if it has a 1/2yd bucket on it, it wouldnt be too bad, those 1/2yds are just fine and if your lots arent too big you can get a decent amount of snow moved. but if you got a lot of space to cover in short time pick up a larger bucket.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2007
  3. hotshot4819

well its a walmart, i have 3 trucks that will be dedicated to this site. and the 110 there. i am able to dedicate certain area for piles near the perimeter. and i have 48 after storm to move off parking area. some piles are allowed to stay all winter.
    i think it will work, its not exactly the ideal set up, but will get the job done

4. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Just dress warm.

5. hotshot4819

haha, ur a funny one, its got a cab.im not that dumb. but in all respect, you guys agree this is a realistic possibility.

6. imjustdave

imjustdave Junior Member
    from WA

If you allready own the 110 then I supose it would work, but Im thinking in my brain that a 110 with about 35 HP no cab no heat would really suck to move a large amount of snow say greater then 50+ yards worth at a great distance. Not to mention ice mounds would really suck. if this was a Wendeys or a gas station I would say sure but Im thinking a large wallmat would really suck.

I own a CT 332 skid steer and it can handle a large bucket 84 inches compared to the 110 and a 72 bucket, not to mention lift capasity on the 110 is under 2000 lbs.

7. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

My $.02

First of all do any of the 3 trucks have V-Blades? Is there any way you can use the tractor to dump a couple of buckets of snow in a pile and have the truck push it to where it has to go?

Again, my $.02 but if it were me, if this was the tractor I owned already, I would get some sheet steel and weld sides and tops to the bucket to make it the largest I could. The loader will lift all the snow you can put in the bucket. Can this tractor stack the snow high enough to keep it out of the way all season?

If you don't own it already, then I would look at a bigger loader for cheap that could be used to help with the plowing and the stacking.

If it were me, I would make it work. Worst case is that you go rent a bobcat or some other loader and use it to stack it higher or move it faster if it doesn't work.

8. salopez

salopez Senior Member

It sounds like he already owns the machine, with cab and heat.

Since the 110 is about the capacity of a 763 I would get a pushbox for it and put the snow where it needs to go during an event. The box will also help you stack higher. I would also weld on sides to make your bucket bigger unless you can get a snow bucket for cheap.

9. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

Im not sure what a Jon Deere 110 is but it sounds small. We move alot of piles and I have found anything under a 6yd bucket is like pissing in the ocean. I know that the accounts we have, if we pulled in with that 110 to move piles they would show us the door. Personally I would never attempt this its going to take way to long and the manager is goiong to grow tired of seeing the routine. But that just my opinion Good luck

10. salopez

salopez Senior Member

the JD 110 is their little TLB. its got most of the specs of a bobcat 763. Is it small yes, but if thats what he's got....

11. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Now that i know what size lots your talking about....speaking from experience having plowed Walmarts for 2 years, its not gonna cut it. With the size of those lots wait till you see the size piles youre gonna have to move. Itll just get frustrating with that bucket, believe me. Either make or buy a larger one, youll be happy.

12. hotshot4819

guys your right, i have just pre paid for a winter rental for a wheel loader with a 4 yard bucket. i can use my 110 for other stuff.

yes 2 of my trucks actually have v blades, and the other 2 have straight 9's.

the things you guys wernt getting threw your head was i only have to move this snow like serouisly 75 feet. i knew it wasnt the most practical setup, but there was no reason for making me sound like an idoit, i truely appreciate the help, by no means think im giving you an attitude. in all reality i was simply trying to save myself 10 grand, 10 grand in my pocket sounds better then 10 grand in the rentals

13. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

MOST of the guys here a pretty good and try to help more then hurt. I have very little loader work to do and use a 325 John Deere. 75' becomes a long way quickly. My concern world have been the snowfalls later in the year where you have used most of your space and now need to pile higher. I actually sub most of my loader work to a guy with a backhoe. I only go when he can't and a 325 has lots of guts and will move some serious snow. It still won't pile very high.

You made the right choice renting a loader. I might of considered buying a used one and found out how far $10,000 a year would go on payments, always next year, Good Luck.

14. salopez

salopez Senior Member

good point. I just put a 4 yard loader in the fleet for the same reason. Plus I have a 16foot pusher for it and it will clear the same lot that I used a hoe, 2 skids and 2 trucks in laster year. Just goinng to use a skid for clearing curbs.

15. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Mine doesn't have a cab:cry: You have to be nuts and have big ones to go all winter with no cab!:D

16. hotshot4819

f250, how do you like your v10, im thinking about buying an 2002 f550 v10. a buddy of mine has an f550 that he has always taken care of. are they good rigs, my main thing is plowing with it.

17. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I love my V10 more than anything. It is a great 100% solid engine. More than enough power and still gets me 14-15 MPG on the highway. I think it should be fine a F550. A guy I work with had a F550 dump with the V10 and loves it.