1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

John Deere 1025R?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by neblawncare23, Aug 8, 2016.

1. neblawncare23

neblawncare23 Junior Member

I know its only August, but im already thinking about this coming winter and snow removal. I am considering buying a 1025R and setting up to do sidewalks and small parking lots. Now a majority of my sidewalks are 48" wide, so attachments need to be small enough to fit on these, but I will also be doing small parking lot and bank drive throughs.
    My question is, how would you guys set up your machine? Snow blower in front, blower on back and blade on loader bucket in front? I cant decide which way to go about it.

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I'd like a blade or a bucket up front.
    The question would be a inverted blower or not?

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

How tight are your sidewalks. Loaders are clumsy when blades are attached to them for tight sidewalks. Also do you get enough snow snow to warrant a snowblower? We have 3 3000 series doing sidewalks and have never used a blower.

4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

How big are the small parking lots?

The 1025 is fantastic for small, tight walks; but it will be pretty mulch worthless on a parking lot that's any bigger than a half dozen parking spaces.

I'd stay away from the loader mounted anything on one of those as well.

5. neblawncare23

My tightest sidewalks are 48" wide, and the biggest parking lot I would do would be 10 parking stalls. Plus I have 2 banks with long drive throughs.
    For the last 3 years I've ran a Honda rubicon with a 50" blade and has worked very well a majority of the time, until we get over a foot and its drifting. Most of our snows are under 8" but at least once a year we get a bad one.
    I figured a tractor would hold up alittle better then the atv mounted blade, and would be able to pile snow higher as well.

6. Mark Oomkes

Tight as in turns, obstacles, etc. Not tight as in width.

How far apart are your accounts? Remember, if you're roading it, travel time is going to increase greatly as I think top speed is 9 MPH.

IMO, the Deere\plow will hold up longer.
    It is more maneuverable. Assuming you keep it short enough so things don't get in the way.
    It will be faster forward to reverse with the hydro transmission.
    It will move slower.
    It will stack higher with a loader, but there is no way you can be efficient clearing a parking lot with a little bucket.

7. neblawncare23

So what would be your recommendation? Stay with the ATV, or get something different. Mostly Its just me doing the snow removal, so I need a one machine to do all.

8. Mark Oomkes

I didn't say don't do it. I was pointing out positives and negatives of both.

I don't know how mulch plowing you do. Or average snowfall. Or service requirements\customer expectations.