1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

john allin

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by porter, Dec 13, 2001.

1. porter

porter Junior Member

hey guys i'm pretty new to this board but who is john allin?

2. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

3. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

4. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

I am not sure, but Jeff Tovar may now be the president.
    Dino

5. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Who is John Allin?????

Did You just fall from Mars? :D

John Allin is GOD! ( At least when it comes to Snow and Ice Management.

Please note* This was an unsolicited endorsement. The speaker received no financial payment, prizes or ....:p

I need a snowstorm reallllllllllllly, realllllllllllllllllly soon!!!!!:mad:

6. paul

paul PlowSite.com Veteran

7. stslawncare

stslawncare Senior Member

he is a God

8. DaveK

DaveK Senior Member

John is obviously a very intelligent man, a very good business man, and as successful as most of us are striving to be. But a god is stretching it just a bit.

Just doing my part as an ego control officer.:) Wouldn't want John's head to get stuck in a doorway.

9. 66Construction

66Construction Senior Member

DaveK

I don't know... to operate on as large a scale as John does I think you deserve to get you head stuck in the doorway once in a while.
    Casey

10. porter

porter Junior Member

Thanks guys for the info. I guess i have to look up to guys like john since i'm 21 years old and in my second year of business.

This is my first year plowing have about 50 contracts. alot of my fellow landscaping industry friends in my area are helping out which is good all we need now

IS SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again

11. MJ

MJ Senior Member

I had to chuckle when I first read this. Kind of like going on a computer-related site and asking "Who is Bill Gates?"

Just having fun, porter. Welcome to PlowSite. Hope you get some useful information here.

Mick

Last edited: Dec 14, 2001
  12. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

I heard a rumor that John might be delivering the Olympic torch via plowtruck?We will have to see:cool:

13. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

There is only one God.... and I'm not He.

Jeff Tovar will become SIMA Board President this June.

I appreciate the complimentary comments.

Welcome to the forum Porter.....

14. diggerman

diggerman Senior Member
    from Ames

Ahhhhh the snow prophet has arrived, is he a mere mortal I think not. He has chossen to be a becon for the snow industry and lead us all into a new era of wealth and prosperity.He along with his side kicks Tammy and Chuck are much like the Lone Ranger,Tonto and the guy in the Jeep(chuck) seeking out the needy "plow jocky's" and turn them into the snow plow proffessionals of the future. So with the help of John, Tammy, Chuck a SIMA membership, bumper sticker and plowing basics video, you too can be on your way to a career not offered in any technical institute in the country.So stick around and grow and learn to be a Snow removal engineer or as most of us are affectionately known as ,FLAKES.

15. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

Apparently things are slowing down again in Iowa, eh Diggs?

16. casey

casey Banned

Don't want to throw a wrench in all this but what are profits like with all that overhead?
    Curious.

17. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

I'm sure he would welcome any pointers from you Canadian snow giants, Casey.

18. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Casey brings up a valid point. I have emailed Casey directly since he was astute enough to bring up this very important issue. While it would be imprudent to post that information here in this forum discussion format, suffice to say that our profit is considerably higher than the corporate norm and way above what ALCA puts forth in their 'averages' for people in the landscape industry (and it helps that the vast portion of our revenues come from the snow industry). We are fortunate that we don't have any bank debt, and we have a substancial cash reserve to use as/if needed.

D&B lists us a financially "strong" with a clear history, and I do live comfortably. I have found that you can have anything you want, as long as you don't want too much - and I live my life in that fashion.

I also know that things can change dramatically and quickly (ala 9/11) and as long as I watch my P's and Q's, I should be able to exit this world the same way I entered it.... naked and alone, although hopefully not crying as loudly. We can't change that.

The business world is a funny place, and unfortunately we are all subject to forces over which we have little control. God has indeed granted me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, has given me the courage to change the things I can, and I try very hard to have the wisdom to know the difference.

I owe everything I have to the snow industry. And I know it can go as fast as it came.

19. ADLAWNCUTTERS

ADLAWNCUTTERS Senior Member

john well said. amen.

20. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

I'm Impressed John,

Having heard you speak in Denver, I knew you were an excellent speaker. But your comments here border on sheer eloquence.

All a man has at the end of his life is his name and reputation. Wealth and material thing pass all too quickly along the byways of life. It is important for all of us to remember this as we go about our daily lives.

One must be a good business man if one wishes to succeed in life and to as you say John "Live Comfortably". But one must also be honest and forthright in his or her business dealings.

You are an excellent example of what we all aspire to be, and even though we kid you mercilessly about being a snow god, in many ways you are. You have taken a profession that many people thought of as a fly by night scam and made it a respectable profession across this nation and in parts of Canada.

Your reputation for getting the job done professionally gets you the respect of many if not all of your peers, and it rewards you with contracts like the Winter Olympics... Thats not luck, thats a fantastic professional reputation.

So, in closing we wiull continue to kid you and break stones when we get a chance, but you should bask in the feeling that you are well respected by many, and many desire to emulate your success.