1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Joe Bastardi Winter Update

Discussion in 'Weather' started by turfmasters, Dec 10, 2011.

1. turfmasters

turfmasters Member

Due to copyright regulations I cannot release all info that was just posted on Weatherbell but I can tell you that Bastardi said big changes for Mid-Atlantic starting in 6 days which includes a Great Lakes cutter and 2 storms coming East for Mid-Atlantic Interior between the 18th and 21 of the month with temps going down to support snow and ice.

2. RoystonLawn

RoystonLawn Member

we need to get some snow here in mid michigan! I have only had one plow event this season and a few salt events. Im going crazy here! hopefully he is right!

3. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

I hope Joe is right. I'm getting tired of this cold to warm then back to cold crap nd having no snow on top of that makes it worse.

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Since when do we care if it's copyright stuff.

5. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I believe it when I see it, typically a day before and they can't even get that right. Our 2 week extended forecast says 40's even a few 50's in there and lows in the upper 20's but sunny.

6. lilpusher

lilpusher Senior Member
    from Indiana

Yeah since when did anyone using the Internet even think that might apply:)

7. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

I completely agree. Our local forecast is for low to mid 40's all week.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... a weather forecast much outside of 48 hours is a crapshoot.

8. motoxguy

motoxguy Senior Member
    from WI

It is pretty unreal we haven't had a salting or a plow yet for s.e wi, generally december is one of our busiest months, I hope the rest the winter will be busy.

9. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

I agree. We havent even had a salt run yet. WTF! I will say this, I try and follow several internet weather forums and everything I have seen lately says we are heading into a very active pattern starting in a week or so. I like to think better things are on the way, but who knows.

Just remember this when we are sitting in our tucks for 60 hours staight, in a few weeks, b!thc!ng about all the snow that wont stop falling!

Good luck to us all. Andrew

10. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

I keep checking the forecast and I keep seeing 15 day of disapointment. Im done looking! Lol

11. R.J.S. SNOWPLOW

R.J.S. SNOWPLOW Senior Member

Be glad you had that. I only had a salting so far