1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Job pricing

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by caelach, Dec 15, 2006.

1. caelach

caelach Junior Member

I have a job I'm going to price in northern CT. They are talking an hourly pricing scheme. I gave them a preliminary indication of $100 an hour. This involves 3 X 600' access roads 20-30' wide on a construction site. The surface is "process". Cleaning it down to the bone is likely not necessary. I'm thinking 4-6" of snow per push. There are no indications that sanding is needed at this point.

When pricing by the hour I'm wondering if the snow is falling and you push 6", do you go "off the clock" and wait around for the next 6" for instance? Or do you just charge from when you get there, until you leave?

Advice about the pricing or any other thoughts would be appreciated. I have done plowing for 2 seasons now on my own property which involves 6 parking spots and a driveway in a somewhat cramped and convoluted area. That's the extent of my experience to date, but I'm pretty familiar with the function of the equipment.

2004 Dodge Ram2500 5.7L Hemi, 8' straight BOSS plow.

2. go plow

go plow Senior Member

where abouts in ct?
    i would think that by the hour would mean, plowing after the storm, unless they want you there all the time, think about it this way, if it takes you one hour to push six inches after the storm ends, would it take you six hours to plow during a storm ,doing it per inch? the best thing to do is ask them what they want, do they want it done every two inches, or only after its done snowing? i myself like flat rate per push, theres no guess work!

3. caelach

caelach Junior Member

I'm not going to plow much more than 6" at a pop habitually as I have heard it is ill advised (depending if wet snow, etc.). It is said that practice is hard on equipment.

This is just north of Hartford. Average annual snowfall is about 50". Storms of 22" are not unheard of.

Thanks for the response.

4. go plow

go plow Senior Member

im in Winsted, if your ever around look me up!