1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Job Log Software

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by PrecisionS&I, Dec 3, 2013.

1. PrecisionS&I

PrecisionS&I Member
    from Ohio

I've been looking at different software platforms to run different aspects of the business. Looking to see if anyone knows of a program that is affordable. My thought is something to get rid of the paper log sheets that we are currently using. What I want is something that I can run on a tablet installed in the trucks, I'm looking to have something that the driver can scroll to the particular account hit a log in button and a log out button and also pick the service performed i.e.. salting, plowing, walks, walk deicer etc. I don't really need it to be internet capable maybe just plug the tablet into my laptop at the end of the event and download it to the laptop. I'm not sure if such an animal exists. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Service Autopilot.

3. LawnsInOrder

LawnsInOrder Senior Member
    from Maine

Ditto. What he said!

4. Fantastic

Fantastic Senior Member

You might want to try Noreaster Snow Service.

http://noreasterss.com/

It runs an app version for smart phones and tabs... I've got it and am not a plower for $. I just got it to mess around with in case I pick up a few small drives.

You can select what services you or the driver performed ie sand, salt or plow. You can email yourself (or driver to you) the log of services performed. It even allows you to take a pic of the job after you're done to attach in the email for your records.

I have no idea how it compares to other apps but it's an option to look at.