1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

JK Wrangler Suburbanite 2010 storm

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by chris15010, Feb 12, 2010.

1. chris15010

chris15010 Junior Member

I wanted to post these pictures because some of the posts i have read on here saying a suburbanite won't push allot of snow, nor will a jeep without 5 million dollars worth of mods. Here are a few pictures i took while out plowing with my jeep this past week in the 28" of snow we had. I had not one problem and not a thing broke, except the western sticker fell off the plow and this is stock '08 wrangler 0 # ballast stock tires 2.5" lift kit. I am amazed with this plow and the way the vehicle plows. I will admit i was a little weary of attempting to plow a parking lot that had close to 30" of wet snow on it but after we were done i was amazed thanks western for a great plow.The other jeep is my brothers TJ with a blizzard 720 on it and he was in awe of the way mine pushed compared to his. I wish i had had my camera for some of the driveways i was doing with 5-6' drifts in front of them this plow cut threw like butter i am still amazed to this hour. I also never thought craigslist was read by so many people one little ad on their generated over 500 calls in 2 days ! !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. hobbyjeep

hobbyjeep Member

Impressive - you have a 4.0L with automatic?
    thanks

3. ppandr

ppandr Senior Member

Glad you had a good experience in a flat parking lot....but post again in a year or so and let us know what repairs and mods you made. That Suburbanite plow is really lightweight and although it will plow that fluffy snow it rides up quickly and trips on hardpack snow. I sold mine after the first season I used it. We all made mods to increase the reliability and durability of our Jeeps. There are alot of guys here that have been there and done that, who all have much good advice.

4. chris15010

chris15010 Junior Member

3.8 6 speed

5. chris15010

chris15010 Junior Member

That didn't take long .....my plow tripped 3 times all weekend two curbs (my fault) and once on a repaired driveway from a water line cut the concrete and used asphalt to fill (my own) did not ride up on the snow, scraped right to the asphalt. The comment about a flat lot that was the only flat lot i did was helping my brother out with it, i did over 40 driveways and 3 parking lots ranging from asphalt to dirt flat to uphill and not once did i have a single problem. Light fluffy snow? this was a heavy wet snow that turned to concrete when people drove on it again it scraped right thru without folding over. What about the drifts i was busting thru from the municipal crews plowing the streets into drive ways? they froze after the temp dropped and when i got to these driveways i had to bust threw it to open them up again did not seem to phase the plow at all never tripped . I'm not going argue up and down i just want people to realize that for what this plow is it will amaze you ! don't let posts you read about it deter you i am speaking from experience with this plow.

6. MOWBIZZ

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

Cool! Thanks for the hands-on real life review of the plow...I will be adding a plow to my 07 at some point and this gives me a real time example of what I could expect from the lighter plows out there...Heck, and I only have 20 or so driveways...should handle those pretty well!
    Excellent job plowing by the way! What kind of tires are you running? Also, what manufacture of lift? Thanks...

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  7. 18lmslcsr

18lmslcsr Senior Member
    from WI.

Yes, thank you for your real-life-experience.

C.