1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

JJag Wing Snowplows????

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by adksnowo, Sep 27, 2006.

1. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

I saw the advertisment on the site for "JJag Wing Snowplows". Is it just me b/c there is a link to it from this site and it doesn't come up, rarely a good sign, new company and all. I am skeptical about the tout of "clears more snow in half the time". Sort of looks like an offshore deal. I have always wanted a foreign snow plow;)!

2. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

Duh

OK, I am the MORON here with my last post!:dizzy: My internet access is a little sub-par at best and my computer would not load the JJag Wing website. Hopped on a faster net connection and now I see. The site does work, the equipment is made in the USA:salute: and the idea is pretty good. A wing on the side of the truck to push back/shelf banks is good I guess if you are doing road type plowing or LONG drives. It looks like it might work well. I can see that a light truck wing certainly has applications. Doing lots with it though seems like it would sort of be complex to drop/raise the wing/plow with each row though. My apologies to JJag Wing, you have an interesting product.:waving:

3. JJAG Wing

JJAG Wing Inactive

JJjagwing

ADKSNOWO : I am glad that you were able to get our site opened, did you watch our short video clip of how the JJAG Wing actually works? Its a very impressive plow that we have primarily been putting on municipality trucks. It raises & lowers easily & is operated by one person. If you have any questions I will try to answer them for you.

4. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

compare to SideWing?

What sets you apart from SideWing?, on your site you say your the only one that can cut back the banks, but I was under the impression that you can do that also with S?

I like your product, just found out about it the other day and would like to come down and see it in action if I could?

5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

You can bench with a SideWing. I have.

6. JJAG Wing

JJAG Wing Inactive

The JJAG Wing :
    - extends farther out from your truck, 4ft 2 in from the rear tire
    - retracts closer to your truck storing 10 - 11 in off the side
    - it has a better trip mechanism
    - faster hydraulics
    - it weighs only 550 lbs
    - US patent # US 6941,686B2 awarded to our company sept 2005
    We would invite you anytime to our facility , we manufacture the JJAG on site.

We are going to be at the Hard Hat Show at the NYS fairgrounds October 18th if you would like to see our display then.

Talk with the folks in the Town of Livonia they have a JJAG wing on there GMC 5500 series . When there 10 wheeler truck went down they substituted our JJAG Wing & couldnt believe how well it works.
    thanks

Last edited: Oct 2, 2006
  7. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

thanks for the info, I'll be in the outerbanks on the 18th, but would certainly like to see the JJAG, Auburn is only 90 minutes from here. What is a "JJAG" anyway?

crazy thought, but can you have one on each side of the truck.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2006
  8. JJAG Wing

JJAG Wing Inactive

JJAG are the intitials of our children

When your in our area stop by & like I said above ,Livonia , the town in your area has a JJAG & has had it for over a year now.

Yes we are in the process of designing a driver side JJAG Wing but thats a few years out yet.

9. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Still wondering about the 'claim' that this is the only plow of this design that can be used for benching\shelving.

Isn't this false advertisement?

10. handyman5173

handyman5173 Junior Member
    from NY

I live in NY but I have been out of the country for the past five years...Iraq & Afghanistan. I am coming home for good and have a 2003 F350. I have been looking at your product and would like to know what front plow you would recommend to go with your JJAG Wing. I like the idea of the separate hydraulics.

11. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Last post on this thread was 2006. I'm not sure jjag is around anymore. Sidewing isn't.

12. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Here is their website. I talked to them last winter, they were still in business. I saw one on a 4500 last year. Looked OK.

http://www.jjagwing.com/

Last edited: Jul 18, 2009