1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

JetStrobe wiring

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by highridge, Jan 12, 2010.

1. highridge

highridge Member

Hello
    Just bought a used federal signal Jetstrobe for my truck and was wondering if anyone had any advice. I hooked it to a battery to test it and got the normal flash pattern(standard red and black wire) The manual said to apply 12v to the smaller colored wires to change the pattern. I think there were 5 wires, 2 of which changed the pattern to something weird(not the standard front or rear cutoff) and then 3 wires did nothing. Is it possible these were disconnected at some point? I would like to have the front cutoff so it matches my hideaway strobes front cut off as well.

Thanks
    Derek

2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

What's the model number of the Jetstrobe?

3. highridge

highridge Member

The model is SJL 6071P

4. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

5. highridge

highridge Member

Yea thats the thing I downloaded, but thanks. I suspect someone messed around with the connectors inside the lightbar. That diagram says Red for front strobes and Red/White for rear, but when I hook up red to 12v I get all the strobes and then Red/White plus Red gives me front left and rear right.

6. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Sounds like someone switched a couple of strobe connectors front to rear. Remove the lenses and switch the left-side strobe cables front to rear. This should correct that problem, that way you'll get just rear strobes when activating the "cut-off".

:drinkup:

7. highridge

highridge Member

Yea that makes sense now, thanks!

8. highridge

highridge Member

So you mean change the cables on the power supply right?

9. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Yea, the cables that feed the strobe heads.

10. highridge

highridge Member

Right I think I understand now. Thanks again

11. highridge

highridge Member

All set now! I've got it set for all flashing, rear flash, and what I call rapid flash(the diagram calls it low intensity) and I'm still seeing spots lol

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  12. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

Low intensity would dim the strobes, not change the flash pattern. Someone probably changed that around inside the bar as well.