1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Jersey snow... HELP!!!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Switchless, Dec 5, 2003.

1. Switchless

Switchless Member
    from NJ

OK, just put the new plow on and started plowing an hour ago. HELP..........Where do I put the snow???? I've a bunch of 50 FT. two car driveways with belgian block on the sides. I can back blade the snow out into the street and the drive looks great. However, what do I do with the snow????? The town will kill me is I leave it on the side of the street.
  2. 76chevyman

76chevyman Member

i put snow on the side of the road. But try to put it as far over as u can so the town plow doesnt hit a snow bank. I dont recamend it on every drive way but ones u have no place to put the snow i would. I have one house that i do that too, and i havent recieved any complants.
  3. Switchless

Switchless Member
    from NJ

I'll give that a try........
  4. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

I'm so jealous, I want snow !!!! NOW !!!!:cry: :cry:
  5. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog Senior Member

Just do it like if you were coming along and you were the state guy!
  6. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Just wait till Spring and see what those Ritzie Titzie Belgium block lined driveway owners say about how your plow scraped their driveway!

I REFUSE any straight in DRIVEWAYS. It's either side loading or nothing.

BUT if I HAVE to, I'll back drag away from garage, push out to front curb, lift plow, drive out in street and push back to either side. So that theres a pile at each front corner of the drive where the driveway, sidewalk and grass meet. IT'S the ONLY way to PROPERLY do them. Pushing across the street is a BIG no-NO! Only time I push across street is if there's only a farmers field across the other side.

Time for a SNOWBLOWER Petey!!!
  7. Switchless

Switchless Member
    from NJ

Well, that's why I didn't sell them:D I went out again and did another 10 drives. Much better..... I'm bringing the snow out to the street, then pushing it past the drive, then start plowing the snow like I doing the street. With about 100 feet between drives by the time I'm up the next drive the snow is nicely on the side, just the town plow leaves.
    Petey weedy...... snowblower's still rule;)