1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Jepp Wrangler Rubicon with Lift Kit?

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by ken643, Mar 28, 2010.

1. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Hi all, anyone out there plowing with a lift kit? if so what brand and how many inches? Most of the shops around here when I tell them the Jeep needs to be snow plow ready, they say 2 inches is all they would go. I dont see the point in two I was thinking 3-4. But I dont want any issues with snowplowing after all thats the jeeps main purpose and fun of course.
    Any thoughts or facts on the subject would be greatly appreciated.
    I have a 2004 TJ wrangler Rubicon automatic.
    Thanks everyone
    Ken

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I plow with a 2000 TJ with 4 1/2 inch lift you will need some way of lowering the plow mount so the plow sits at the proper hight. THEN the plow mount will put a LOT of twisting force on the frame (trying to twist the plow mount under the jeep front.

3. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Hmm, that doesnt sound promising ;(

4. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

I have a 4" lift on mine and had to modify the mount so the a frame was more parallel with the ground. The blade wasn't sitting flat on the ground when angled and leaving big stripes before I changed the mount. It wasn't hard to do with the Unimount mount. but yours'll be different. Anything's possible... Good luck.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  5. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Sounds like staying stock height is the way to go, dont like the sounds of these issues, thanks guys

6. theplowmeister

from MA

Stock works just fine.. O weight in the back and air shocks up front and back. Blizzak tires.

7. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Was I carrying 350lbs around in the back all winter for no reason? Those air shocks are definitely awesome though.

8. LET IT SNOWDOGG

LET IT SNOWDOGG Junior Member

Don't know what to tell you. But!! I got a 03 rubcion with a 3 1/2" lift, 33" tires with a 7'.5" Snowdogg blade.. I don't have no trouble at all.. Love the set up.. You would too.. When I lift the blade, it drops ( the Jeep) maybe 2" and plows perfect.. Good luck with your choice.. Paid 2,600.00 for the new blade and put it on my self... That Snowdogg 7'.5" blade set up weight's about 400 lb's...... Hope this help's...... IZZY :)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
  9. LET IT SNOWDOGG

LET IT SNOWDOGG Junior Member

Ahhhh that's a 7'.5" blade, sorry about that.. tryed to erase this message, but can't.. i was correcting the first message. but found out after i could edit it. so i fixed it.. lol:eek:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
  10. theplowmeister

from MA

That should be "add weight"

11. corbel

corbel Junior Member

I have 04 with 4inch and had to add extra hole on a frame to level it out when angling blade.

12. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

Dunno I love my little TJ with only a 2" Rubicon Express Budget Boost lift.
    No problems with it and the plow.
    Looks better than stock but not overkill. I just wanted it a smidge higher
    for a bit more snow clearance and for 31" tires. Def works for my needs.
    Pics in the link in my sig.

13. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Hello Luppy, Thats just with the 2 inch spacers and 31 inch tires? that looks great. You may have convinced me. No drive shaft issues? angle problems? u joints etc....? Great pics, thanks for showing them to me
    Ken

14. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

Hi Ken. Yes just the 2" Budget Boost and BFG 31" MT's. We put the lift in around five years ago I believe. Bought the plow new in 99' when I got the Jeep so had the plow on from the get go. Have not had any driveline problems, or any problems with the setup. Have never had to replace u joints or any driveline components.
    I say go for it. I love mine.

Michele

15. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

I am going to look into it, Thanks very much for the info. I really didnt think 2 inches would look as good as it does.
    Thanks again, Think Snow!

16. Nielubie

Nielubie Junior Member

I just plowed with my Jeep Rubicon for the first time and had no issues. I have an '06 Jeep with a Meyer TM plow with a 4 inch lift on it. I'm running 31-32's. When I had my 33's 12.5 wide I had some rubbing on the plow mount when turning right so I went with thinner tires and a little smaller for winter and no more problems.

Only issue I had is that the chain is too short and I'm going to have to extend it because going up on hills or dips i miss the snow by an inch or two because of the lift. But other then that, the plow works great with 4" lift, just make sure your trip springs are tight so they are not tripping all the time. The angle of the plow is different so you'll trip more if you leave it at stock tension.

Hope that helps. BTW, great color, mine's Yellow too with a Yellow plow. :)

17. theplowmeister

from MA

If the plow A frame is not level (and it sounds like its not do to the tripping comment) you will wear out the outsides of the cutting edge. your plow will have the smiley face look )