1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Jensen Plows?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Nascar24, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Anyone ever see or use a Jenson plow?

Saw the plow on a website and thought it looked pretty good, not that I'm looking to buy one just thought it was a new and interesting brand

http://www.hecplows.com/images/bro.pdf

2. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

looks kinda light weight to me.

3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i would stay with three for co you cant get parts for fisher western meyers or curtis

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

"hydraulics come with a 90 day manufacturers warranty"

Everybody else is offering a least a year. some offer 2

Also implies they use an aftermarket hyd. unit and that you have to deal with the unnamed manufacturer in a warranty claim situation. Not good.

5. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

10 to 1 it is Monarch hydros. Most of the smaller plow manufacturers use them.

They tend to be pretty reliable.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

So do Hondas, but i want a dealer close and warranty, just in case.

7. Flipper

from CT

That funny.

If one could purchased Honda commercial equipment (large walkbehinds, zero turns etc). I would buy it in an instant I don't care where I had to have it shipped from.

Parts can be overnighted Warranties don't mean a thing.

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Unless you're the guy paying the bill.
    Spending $ to fix a new piece of equipment you cann't use is a bi%^h.

9. Flipper

from CT

I am the guy paying the bill and on the few warranty issues I have had over the years, none were able to be resolved in one day. Regardless of the manufacturer. This includes snowplows. I waited two days for a part to be mailed in and it kept snowing. Have also waited for mowers, blowers, trimmers, trucks trailers you name it.

This is why I preach that even a small single plower (I started this way) should have a backup truck. For me it was an old rusted Toyota 4x4 that saved me a couple times. Sure it took longer to plow with the small blade and I had to sand by hand but I got the route done.

Two things came of this. I still us Toyotas and Jeep in plowing drives and such AND I still have a backup. My daily driver (Tacoma has a plow and can hold a 6ft V box if needed. It does not plow a route (I have 4 truck plowing) but is there if something breaks.

A little off topic here but still to the point that I think dealer support has become overrated.

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I think it's your dealer who's under-rated. We stock EVERYTHING we need to repair the units we sell, if we don't have it in parts inventory we'll steal it off a new unit.

You have to plow snow when it's on the ground, if I cann't/won't support the equipment I sell in a timely matter you should go somewhere else to buy the unit.

Back up trucks should be there to back up the TRUCK. any part of the plow covered by warranty (in the case of snoway that's the entire thing for the first 2 years, just Black iron after that) is repair or replaceable in less then 2 hours, and we're on call 24/7 in snow season.

the warranty on the equipment I sell is Golden, it breaks i fix it right then. a plow warranty is not worth the paper it's written on if the dealer won't provide that kind of service.