1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

JEEPS Like to Plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ROYALT91, Nov 14, 2004.

1. ROYALT91

ROYALT91 Member

Heavy Duty

JEEP.jpg

Jeep1.jpg

2. harley hauler

harley hauler Senior Member

nice shots on the unplowed parking lot :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup:

3. smiti105

smiti105 Member

Jeeps like to plow, thats what I like to hear. I am in the process of hooking up a 83 CJ7 with a plow. I will post some pics when I am finished. Had a dusting in Jersey on friday night so I better get moving on it. Those are some nice pics of the rig. Love the softop, looks really good.

4. ROYALT91

ROYALT91 Member

Converting To Cj

Im goint o be converting to a cj nose on wrangler, always stick with round headlights

5. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

nice pics i like that style of jeep

6. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I got a hardtop if you want it. Jeeps may like to plow but after a long night in that you won't.

7. DJL

DJL Senior Member

what was the beacon attached too? Seem as if a few hard bounces and it would go flying off the top...

8. DJDarknez

DJDarknez Member

Nice YJ. Running stock suspension up front?

I'm thinking about getting one of those snowsports for my Cherokee, since it's a unibody. Then again, seeing that, maybe I'll just switch over to a wrangler....

9. ROYALT91

ROYALT91 Member

3 inch lift

No stock suspension in that 6 leaf front and rear
    3 inch lift
    33 swampers
    locked in the rear
    4:11 gears

Beacon cant fall off i built a metal plate from the windshield frame over the soft top,

Real jeeps never had hard tops.

10. ROYALT91

ROYALT91 Member

more pics

First Snow Of The Year

Jeep5.jpg

Jeep6.jpg

11. ROYALT91

ROYALT91 Member

3 inch lift

No stock suspension in that 6 leaf front and rear
    3 inch lift
    33 swampers
    locked in the rear
    4:11 gears

Beacon cant fall off i built a metal plate from the windshield frame over the soft top,

Real jeeps never had hard tops.

12. itchyfishnv

itchyfishnv Member

Hey man I think i've seen you and harley hauler around town! haha

13. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Iam not trying to make you do something you don't want to do but... You can plow with a cherokee. I have a curtis 7' on mine and western, blizzard and meyer make mounts. Unibody is a consideration but i know a few people who have plowed with cherokees with out a problem if you are careful. Snowsport will do the job, kind of, they tend to ride up over the snow when its wet and heavy. I plowed with my cherokee for the first time yesterday, it did great for the short time i used it. Pushed 6" of wet snow over about 75 yards very well. Just something to think about.

14. DJDarknez

DJDarknez Member

I have absolutely no problem with anybody telling me anything! Especially if it's advice.

After a bit more searching, I'm looking at Sno-Way, since they have that clear plastic blade, and the weight is something like 300 pounds, including the mount. Which is probably just perfect for my Cherokee.

If I were to go with a SnowSport, I'd have to tinker with it to make the blade remotely moveable. Some sort of electric gear system. We'll see......

15. bnrhuffman

bnrhuffman Member

Any issues with the rear locker and Swampers for plowing? I know its not a great combo on ice (been there, done that). Ive got basically the same setup and having trouble finding a plow setup that will work with my winch on and with the amount of lift.

yjnets3.jpg

Last edited: Nov 15, 2004
  16. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Sharp ride! I bet that baby will go anywhere!

17. DJDarknez

DJDarknez Member

Lockers shouldn't hurt...they might even help. Best bet....check www.jeepsunlimited.com. Ask someone who has a YJ with lockers.

18. bnrhuffman

bnrhuffman Member

Hey DJDarknez,
    Ive been a member of JU for about 5 years and have gotten alot of good info off there and on occation, given some good info.
    But, there arent many on JU that plow. Most everyone builds up to offroad. For offroading I can say that my Detroit locker is right on time. The reason I question it for plowing, especially for a short wheelbase vehicle, is that a plow tends to kick a vehicle sideways when its angled. Lockers, while fantastic going staight ahead, can be a little hairy when a side force is applied during a low traction situation.
    I dont know. Ive been offroading for a number of years so driving with a locker is old news but my plowing experience is limited to a few outings last year with my F350 w/ Boss V plow, thats why I ask.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2004
  19. bnrhuffman

bnrhuffman Member

Thanks Boast,
    If youre talking about mine. I think Royal has the setup though. Thats what Im looking for, except I would like to keep my winch in place.

20. harley hauler

harley hauler Senior Member

Hey icthy I thought that jeep and that red blazer looked familiar! Hmmm., :rolleyes: Oh. now I know where I've seen them all lined up at the some fine establishment I may have renovated :nod: :drinkup: