1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

jeep wrangler plow pics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by meyer22288, Nov 4, 2003.

1. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

Can all of you guys plowing with jeep wranglers post a picture of your plow set-up:)

2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

It's not mine, it was posted a few weeks ago. It was a Jeep Wrangler, with a plow, So I thought I'd post it.

Look! It's got a MEYER! pumpkin:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
  3. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

Looks like the jeep handles it well:)

4. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

I'll post a pic of my xj as soon as we bring it home

5. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

When do you get your license meyer?
    Eric

6. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

I don't even think he has his permit yet, he's still 15. Ignore his post about the jeep, he talks about getting a new vehicle everyday.

Stop wasting peoples time meyer!

BK

7. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

im still only 15 and can't drive that has nothing to do with this post. my dad just brought himself a jeep wrangler he will be putting a plow on so i figured why not start a thread for just jeep pics. i didnt mean to make anybody mad by starting this thread and im sorry if i did so.:(

bryan i thought we were buddies?:dizzy:

8. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

hey meyer when i was 15 i was doing pkg lots in CT with my cousin 13 years ago :redbounce

9. rainair

rainair Senior Member

dreams are where we all started

yea Meyer is only 15, but I will give him this, He knows what road he wants to go down. don't discourage him, show him that respect! lift him up not knock him down, he could be the future pro in snow management. Meyer, I look at all the threads, so I might learn like the scholars.
    Note to all; Be a student, You will learn till the moment you close your eyes for the last time
    Now ...LET IT SNOW!!!

10. frogman

frogman Member
    from MD

Hi Meyer and All,
    I would also appreciate those pictures.
    Coincidentally, my son Chuck (who will be 15 in Feb) started plowing for me last year (after he showed me that he was ready). I stage an F-250 at one of the large private parking lots and drop him off when it's time to push. He is very responsible and went through a training period first (after a number of years with a shovel).
    Even more coincidentally:
    He works for me during the off-snow season also and has been saving for a jeep (and of course a plow). We just started searching for a good used this week.
    Get out there with your Dad if you can. Watch and learn, look for ways to help, bust your butt with a shovel and de-icing sidewalks, load salt, look for ways to help. You'll probably end up getting paid but even if you don't you get the privilege of learning how to get the job done and you and your Dad get to spend the time together. Then when it's your time to roll you'll be good to go.
    You want to be real popular and set yourself up for success? Pick up a book on basic hydraulics and the owner's manual (or better yet a service manual) for whatever plow your Pop has. Assign yourself homework and know what your talking about when a problem or maintenance comes up. If you end up plowing later you'll have to know the stuff anyway. Do it now and your ahead of the game and you show yourself as a motivated, "can do", be prepared young man who has something of real value to offer (besides muscle). Us older guys and particularly us father's, eat all that stuff up.
    I think it's great that your interested and hope that you do well. Turn that interest into motivated action and you will.
    Go with God:salute:
    Bob

11. rainair

rainair Senior Member

to the future pros in snow

frogman, thats fantastic, could not have said it better!!

:waving:

12. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

lol. I was going to post a picture of my TJ when I saw the subject of this thread but I see snowybowtie beat me to it.

That's my TJ and yes it does do a great job. Did me 42 driveways one day in a footer plus storm without a hiccup just to give an idea.

Jeep is setup as follows: Meyer 2 meter with the E-47, 4.0L, 5spd manual, DT3000 shocks, Timbrens up front, 30 X 9.5 BFG AT KO tires.

Here's a link to another photo of my jeep during one of the first baby storms last year.
    http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid83/pf89abbc8f21b69dce27f0197b27f71a3/fae6b23e.jpg

Last edited: Nov 21, 2003
  13. gunsworth

gunsworth Senior Member

heres some of a friend of mines, I will have some of our TJ as soon as we get the airbags in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BTW mines the big white one behind em, and no I will not bring a plow anywhere near it. I dont think a plow would work well in situations like this
    [​IMG]

14. 1977/85scottspecial

1977/85scottspecial Member
    from Indiana

15. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

daaabm did he out

16. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

Here's another of my TJ all ready to go. Will post more pics of her in action after I get back from plowing tomorrow. [​IMG]

17. jeepboy

jeepboy Member

here's the only pic i havw with the plow on

dcp_0001.jpg

18. tvpierce

tvpierce Senior Member
    from Maine

Mine's a CJ not a YJ, but I'm guessing that the mounting is similar -- perhaps even more so than the TJ.

cj-7 plow 3.jpg

19. penberth

penberth Member

Hey Jeepboy, I see you have a plow and a winch on that TJ. I always wondered how that was, but it looks like the Jeep carries it well. Unfortunately on my Cherokee, I had to take the winch off to put the plow on. I hated to have to do that since I usually got to use the winch at least once each winter on someone's car.

Maybe I need to get another Wrangler.

Give you guys a Jeep Wave.
    :waving:

20. jeepboy

jeepboy Member

penberth, it works out pretty well the winch mounts on top of the western bracket,when install my plow bracket in the winter i just slide it under the winch. That picture is before my addition of a 2 inch lift and 31 inch tires. Also i have extended the blade to 7 foot 8 inches. I'll try to get some updated pics this next week.