1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Jeep wrangler mount question

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by Fred886, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Fred886

Fred886 Member

I have a 92 wrangler that i purchased last year, it came with the mount already attached, I just dont know what type of mount it is. Any ideas? If the pictures didnt upload let me know.

2. koolaidkid

koolaidkid Junior Member
    from 49445

That looks like the mount I have for my Sno-way plow.
  3. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

Sno-way. Geez, talk about ground-clearance killer!
  4. Fred886

Fred886 Member

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to try and find a plow for it and use it as a backup and for tight drives. Anything I should look out for? I've already fixed the rear shock mounts and welded new ones on. Also redid the rear frame. It was plowed with before so using it as a backup shouldn't kill it right?
  5. nicks_xj

nicks_xj Senior Member

Damn and I thought snow dogg mounts hung low
  6. nicks_xj

nicks_xj Senior Member

There's a place on the east side of Cleveland that had a bunch or older snoway plows but I can't remember the name right now I'll sak my cousin in a couple hours and let you know
  7. Fred886

Fred886 Member

Thanks, that would work out perfect.
  8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If the jeep is dependable you'll love it. Try to find a down pressure unit, it'll be killer in driveways. A MT, 24, 18 or ST unit would work on the truck. If I ran an MT, 24 series I'd add Air shoocks to the front and about 400 lbs to the rear.

I run a 6'8" 24D unit on a 89 YJ and it's the bomb in driveways.

If you find a unit and have questions email me some pictures and I'll check it out.
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  9. Fred886

Fred886 Member

Thanks, I'll defiantly post pictures if I find something. Any suggestions were to look for one besides craigslist and ebay? I bought it as a fun summer vechicle but now I figure I should strap a plow on it and make some extra cash. Everything is so easy to fix on those yjs. Thanks again!
  10. nicks_xj

nicks_xj Senior Member

Okay so I found out that the place I was talking about was on Mayfield rd. but I think they went out of business because I can't find there number anymore
  11. Fred886

Fred886 Member

Thanks for trying. I'm keeping my eyes open on craigslist. Can't think of anything on mayfield, do you know if it was in the chesterland area or more towards the cleveland side?