1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Jeep Wrangler Headlight Adapters?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by P&M Landscaping, Nov 12, 2009.

1. P&M Landscaping

P&M Landscaping Senior Member

I just bought a set of headlight adapters for my jeep Wrangler. Can somebody chime in and tell me if they are complete? What i have pictured is two of the same connectors with the same fittings. So he sent me two of the same adapters. According to Boss's website it looks like the connectors are the opposite for the correct adaptersd as to what i have. Anybody get what i'm saying and can you tell me if I have everything?

Boss's instructions

http://www.centralparts.com/Common/Documents/PDFs/Boss/msc04599.pdf

1112092116.jpg

1112092116a.jpg

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Do you have four separate adapter harness's..or just two?

3. P&M Landscaping

Just the two i presume? I know on the harness I have it has the four plugs where the adapters can plug in if thats what you mean?

4. P&M Landscaping

Here's a pic of my harness

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Ok. If you have only two your missing the other two. By your pics you only have the ones that connect from the plow harness to the stock headlamp wiring on the truck. You're missing the two that connect the plow harness to the truck headlamps, thus completing the system.

6. P&M Landscaping

Okay, Does it matter if the males and females are opposite on the blue connector? The ones I have here are male, but accodring to the manual at the top of the thread shows a female? My harness has a connector for both does it matter if I switch them? Also, on the 11 pin I used to have on this Jeep I only used the driver side OEM connector, and tucked away the passenger. Can I do this on the 13 pin too?

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

An image makes it easy to follow....

adapters.jpg

8. P&M Landscaping

Ah, it all makes sense now. I see what you say. So, do you put these adapters on both the driver and passenger or just the driver like on the 11 pin? And I need the two more adapters for the headlight?

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Figured a pic would help. Yes on a 13 pin you use both headlamps and their harness for plow harness tie in.

And yes you'll need the other two adapters for everything to work. But, you can't just buy them in individual components. You have to purchase the whole MSC04599 as a kit.

10. P&M Landscaping

Alright, I appreciate your help!!!! I will call the guy I traded with to see if he has the other part. :waving:

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Good call as he may. Many guys when removing a harness don't realize there's four pieces to the adapters and simply leave the other two on the harness.

If not, the adapters aren't terribly expensive new.