1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

jeep with snowdogg

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by RangerDogg, Feb 3, 2011.

1. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

I was wondering if anyone has jeep with snowdogg if the could take pic of the front of jeep and front side .So i could see how far it sticks out from jeep.Also if you couls measure from bade to rear of jeep to see how long it is .Thanks

2. hedhunter9

hedhunter9 Senior Member

3. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

Thanks headhuntter.Is the 150 a short bed and what do you have for engine.I was thinking picking up a 150 like yours with a 8 and stepside if i can find one or a jeep for back up.But use the same plow i have the md 75

4. micklock

micklock Senior Member

I took my plow off last night but next time I mount it I can take some measurements.

0119111052a.jpg

0119111051b.jpg

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  5. hedhunter9

hedhunter9 Senior Member

RangerDogg,

I have a short bed regular cab and a short bed xtracab f150.

One has the 5.4 motor and the other has the 4.6 motor.

The 5.4 motor is definately better. More torque. about same gas MPG.

The shortbed, reg cab F150 is great for tight spots, like drives, apartments, small lots.
    Almost as good as our jeep.
    The xtracab is used more for larger lots, longer drives. etc...

With 1,000lbs of cement slab and salt bags in the back of the shortbed, that thing is almost near unstoppable if used right.

Bob

6. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

Thanks mickloch how do you like your set up ans what engine and tranny and what do you like or dont like.

Headhunter i would rather get the 8 and stepside reg cab .I think it would be great for heavy storms.Now the six is it a lot different in power.I have a 4.0 in my ranger .But if i cant find 8 maybe get the 6.They both auto/?