1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Jeep V Plow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Dustin7837, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Dustin7837

Dustin7837 Junior Member
    from Ohio

2011 Jeep Rubicon with a UTV custom Vplow

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

That's a pretty cool set-up but, I think it would be a waist of money.
  3. Dustin7837

Dustin7837 Junior Member
    from Ohio

Why a waist? Cost almost same as regular plow and I plow on the side and I love V plows
  4. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

perfect for driveways
  5. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I have never plowed with a Jeep but, to me it seems like you could do a lot more with a 1/2 ton truck with a 7.5' V plow.
  6. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

looks nice. As said perfect for drives
  7. Dustin7837

Dustin7837 Junior Member
    from Ohio

Well I just sold my Dodge ram 2500 diesel that had a 8'2" power Vplow and let me tell you this plow is 6'6" and it plows better in my mind especially for driveways
  8. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

A buddy of mine plows with a Jeep and he can turn around in tight spots on a dime and it looks great when he's done. A v plow will make it easier for you doing driveways
  9. Dustin7837

Dustin7837 Junior Member
    from Ohio

Most definitely
  10. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Perfect for driveways. I want one for my area. all the drives are skinny and long and flare out to a double garage with a little area in the back. This unit would rock 40 drives in no time during a storm. What part of Ohio are you from?

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Sorry I have to get my grammar patrol out. Its waste, not waist. Waist is your waist size, not waste management. We all knew what you ment, but It was bothering me.

I love that set up. Looks bad a$$. There isn't another one out there like it.
  12. Dustin7837

Dustin7837 Junior Member
    from Ohio

I'm from Boardman, ohio 44512
    But if you don't know the area it's better known as Youngstown.
  13. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Dustin: Nice setup. Great 4 driveways.
  14. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 Senior Member

looks great! I thought I had built myself the ultimate driveway truck...but I have already found myself wishing I had something smaller. As soon as I have a garage I will be building my second version of the ultimate driveway truck, with a Jeep.
  15. gpservices

gpservices Junior Member
    from CT

Wow i was always a strong beleiver in 3/4ton trucks as a minimum for any serious plowing but now after i see that setup i think thats the ultimate driveway machine, looks sick, im wondering if the lack of headlights above the plow is an issue when the plows up? Either way i bet that thing turns like a dream in a tight drive, other ? i have for any wrangler guys is does the front end need new parts all the time from plowing stress or tranny or any other issues or does it seem to hold up well?
  16. hardwoodcd

hardwoodcd Senior Member

Boss has had that plow out for a couple years now. I have one on my polaris ranger. They started offering a light kit for it this year.
  17. Dodgetruckman731

Dodgetruckman731 Senior Member

Great driveway rig, would also be good for gas stations, fast food lots, smaller stuff
  18. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

My first plow truck was a jeep wrangler with a 6.5 foot western. One of the best little trucks I have ever plowed with. You could plow up the driveway, turn around and come back down. That little jeep was able to move some serious snow. Not the best for big long pushes but driveways it was perfect.
  19. DieselSlug

DieselSlug PlowSite.com Addict

Wow, the best of both worlds there! Small vehicle and a v instead of a straight blade. That would excell in my driveways. My truck is too damn big.
  20. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

That's just awesome there. Saying it's a waste is a waste. Maybe it would be for you but it def has it's place in this business. I have a flatbed dually, a crew cab long bed, etc. Great for many of my lots. You know what I'd do though to be able to turn around sometimes in a smaller area?!? There are def some ideal lots around here that it would work perfectly on. I want one just to have fun with it. That's a little snow moving machine is what that is!