1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Jeep Unimount Swap to Superduty ?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by mtnxtreme, Mar 1, 2015.

1. mtnxtreme

mtnxtreme Member

My Jeep is not cutting it, I need a bigger plow, and the Jeep is shot, so I want to pick up a used Superduty that has never been plowed and install a plow on it. Question is, my plow set up is in really good shape and I know what I got, since I've gone thru it, although the plow is too small 6-6". I can pick up used Superduty truck side brackets for 100 bucks, so now my mechanicals can go on, but I would like a 8-9' blade, can I pick up a blade and install on my A-frame, or just a whole blade/A frame assembly and hook to my mechanics ? I can get a blade for like $500 and just resell my blade. Of course I can sell my whole Jeep setup and buy a whole Superduty setup, but it seems complete setups are running bigger money and I might be ahead of the game doing it piecemeal ?

2. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I think I would find a decent used plow instead of all the work of trying to piece it together...

3. mtnxtreme

mtnxtreme Member

Maybe your right, maybe I can get a few bucks for my set-up as a complete unit ? Is 9 footer too big for 3/4 ton Superduty ?

4. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I'm not sure if you'll get more bang for your buck to sell as a package deal or separating the two. And yes a 250 super duty will handle a 9' pretty easy.

What brand/model is the plow?

5. mtnxtreme

mtnxtreme Member

6-1/2' Western Uni Mount for leaf spring wrangler fits 87-95 leaf spring jeeps