1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

jeep truck

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by jay741, Feb 14, 2009.

1. jay741

jay741 Junior Member

does any one out there still plow with jeep trucks if so tell about it and post a pick i love the look of them and hope to get one some day

2. cherokeeman

cherokeeman Member

i miss my comanchee

ussmileyflagi had a 89 comanchee i loved that little truck i talked about it on anouther site had a 6 and a half plow on it that little truck plowed awsome too bad after years it rotted out i had it in my back yard hopeing to put a lift on it and rebuild it then came along my new born mitchell my hopes of rebuilding it vanished i sold it for peanuts i wish i had kept it anyway i could have worked on it a little at a time i guess i see one driving around my neighborhood almost every day it breakes my heart i feel stupid on how much i loved that truck when i bought it i had it painted the factory blue that the truck came with i also liked the fact noone else in my neck of the woods had one if i ever get the chance to get another one i would jump at the offer well im sure i bored you with my story if you ever see one 4 by 4 for sale let me know have a good one cherokeeman

3. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

I have a lawn customer that plows with one . The bead is about rotted off the frame but still runs good.

4. cocco78

cocco78 Senior Member

5. Kaiserman

Kaiserman Junior Member

I'm setting my 63 J300 Gladiator up with a Meyers/Fisher set up for this winter. It came stock (dealer installed Jeep Special Equipment) with a non power angle Meyers plow and a Monarch pump. No lights. It has a 230 OHC-6 and a T98A 4-speed.

I've since added a Fisher 4-way spool valve, joystick (with Meyers bakelite round knob for good measure) NOS Deitz lights, early 70's Jeep light mounts and I just picked up a good used 7.5' ST blade and A-frame. Now I just need driveshafts to make the thing move under its own power.

Just doing this for the heck of it really. I'll do my driveway, but my father already has an 80 K20 with an 8' Fisher Speedcast he uses. I won't plow with it, as it has no brakes. Doesn't bother him so it's not going to get fixed.

[​IMG]

6. Kaiserman

Kaiserman Junior Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  7. oldrusty

oldrusty Junior Member

Heres my contribution. 1989 comanche with a 6.5' meyers. I have a 2001 f250 at work that I plow with there and Id much rather use the jeep !

[​IMG]

8. tjthorson

tjthorson Senior Member
    from IL