1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Jeep tires hitting wheel wells, help

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Richmik, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Richmik

Richmik Junior Member

Just had my 91 Wrangler fitted with Meyers st-7. Have 31in. tires, when blade is raised tires occasionaly rub fender flares. Is anyone running the same setup, and what do you suggest?

Thanks Rich

2. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

You got a couple of options. Go back to a smaller tire or beef up the suspension.And add some weight to the back, about 400 pounds.

3. bnrhuffman

bnrhuffman Member

31s are a tight fit for a YJ without the plow hanging out there. I would either get an add a leaf kit or go to 30" tires. An add a leaf will cost you about $100 and will increase your spring rate plus give you about 2" of lift.
    Out of curiosity, Im getting ready to turn my 95 Yj into a plow truck and Im deciding what plow to get. Can you give some specifics about your Jeep and plow setup?