1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

jeep sport

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by herherm, Nov 16, 2005.

1. herherm

herherm Junior Member

i have a 96 jeep sport, runs good,just wanted to know if anyone has ever used one to push snow and if you think the frame is heavy enough. thanks
  2. festerw

festerw Senior Member

'96 Cherokee I'm assuming (since they didn't make a Wrangler in '96). Yes you can push with it.
  3. payton

payton Senior Member

not to start a fight but they did actually have a 96 titled jeep. i know for a fact cause my buddies owns one. title says 1996 tj..

4. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

I have Never heard of a Jeep "Sport" but iam assuming Jeep Cherokee Sport edition, somewhat like my 98 but slightly different look in the front grill otherwise the same.

If thats what you mean, yes you can plow with it, best plows for the Cherokee are Snoways, Blizzard 680 LT or 720 LT, Western Unimount 6'6" (NOT the suburbanite) or Curtis 7' which is what i have. The Curtis is a great plow but slightly on the heavy side for the Cherokee. You will need airbags in the front, dont go with timbrens, I had them last year and they made the Cherokee ride MUCH rougher then it should have. Normally the timbrens dont do that but this is especially pronounced in jeeps for some reason. You need an auxilliary transmission cooler if you dont alredy have one. Other then that you will find that the Cherokees push great for their small size, you do need to be careful with them as they are unibody and you dont want to go ramming into things too hard with it. Just take it easy, I wont say never plow anything over 6" or so because you can plow more if your careful about it. You also need weight in the back, I use 500 LBS for my cherokee with a 460 LB plow on the front, with the weight and airbags, I dont get any sag with the plow up. I take the plow off the second iam finished and with the Cherokee I also unload the ballest (tube sand) provided that there is no snow forecast for the immediate future.
  5. New Truck

I'm thinking that you should get a real truck......just messing guys.........by the way, the top of my windsheild does say "Jeep Rescue Squad" LOL :gunsfiring:
  6. herherm

herherm Junior Member

thanks for the input guys,yes you are correct that it is a cherokee.